Thread: 2004 Ihba World Finals ...

UBFJ #454
    Black Bear Racing's "Black Mamba, Boat # 454" Owned by Mike Sampica, Won The NJBA's 2004 UnBlown Fuel Jet (UBFJ) High Points Championship last weekend @ Lake Ming. In doing so 'Ms. MoneyPenny', #454's 'Heart', Suffered some Trauma.
    As a result of this She was taken to Her HMO "Clinic" in Costa Mesa for Examination ... Preliminary Examination by Her 'Dr.' indicated that She Had Been "Stressed" 'A Bit' and Several Courses of Action Were Possible. After a Rather Short BBR Family Discussion it was Decided that She, 'Ms. MoneyPenny', should be "Admitted" to "Hospital" for a Full and Thorough Examination and Re-Build As Appropriate ... With 'Certain Modifications/UpDates' of Course.
    As a result of this turn of events, Boat #454 is 'Declaring Broke' and will not Race The World Finals This Year ... However ...
    The Majority of Personnel from the Black Bear Racing Team Will Be In Attendance @ The Race and be Available to Help Other Racers Should They Need/Want Some Help ... Tow Driving, Wrenching, ... etc.. Our Pit Setup (Tools, etc.) are also available, if needed ... NC, of course.
    BB Racing

Squirtin Thunder
    That is very cool !!!
    Jim
    Good job Jak !!!

Congrats to BBR on the UBFJ win, and achieving your goal of getting into the 7s. You guys busted your ass all season.
    Sorry to hear you guys wont be racing Phoenix, but it will make next season that much better and exciting.
    Looking forward to firebird, I will see you guys up there.
    Chris.

Jet Hydro
    WOW, 7`s WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
    We wont be making the trip this year either. I`m motocrossing instead.
    :idea: Next year will be our year, one way or the other!

UBFJ #454
    Thanks Chris ... We'll definately be seeing you at FireBird as the whole crew is coming up to help bp, you guys (if you need it) and another group. Let me know if Mark needs us to bring anything out of our racing setup ... tools, popups, etc..
    Note fuel is quite a bit cheeper here than in CA and if anyone needs n2o, Nitrous Express n2o or MSD parts I may have a Distributor's Hauler/Shop Trailer in our spot where we will be able to supply such ... will know in the next few days.
    Overall it was a Very Good Year for us ... Though we don't have the "Black Mamba" totally Dialed In to where we want her to go ... Running Consistient 7.50's ... We're Very Close. We now know what the Final Bottom Loading (Keel, Intake Shape and Loader) configuration has to be ... Went over the specifics of what Mike and I have in mind with Jeff Bennett and Jack McClure and we are all on the same page ... same paragraph ... same sentence. Mike and I will slide the boat back on the trailer and finish the bottom work the week after the Finals and redo the Loaders shortly thereafter. All in all, it was a good year as we got as far as we did with the boat and the Crew learned the boat and came together as a smooth operating professional group ...

Wishing her (Ms. Moneypenny) a speedy recovery. See ya at the races Jak.

Duane HTP
    Congratulations of the Champoinship, Jak! Duane HTP

Squirtin Thunder
    I want to see the trophy !!!!

UBFJ #454
    Thanks Duane ...
    This past year was just a "Dial In" year and that's how we approached it. We chose to Run The NJBA because 1) The travel distance, 2) The course is Ming and it doesn't change ... An Important Factor for Dialing In and, 3) They now have 1/8th Mile times ... Another Very Important Factor for Our Choosing To Run The NJBA is The PEOPLE And The RACE ENVIRONMENT... Though things do "Come Up" as they Always Will In Racing ... The People are Typically All Cooperative And Very Civil To One Another ... Don Jones, The Race Director, RUNS CLASS ACT RACES ... Saturday & Sunday Always Go Like CLOCKWORK ... A Couple of Other Organizations Could Use A Man Like Don @ Their Race's Helm.
    The UBFJ High Points Championship just kinda "Fell Out Of No Where" on us ... I am Happy for the Guys & Deb because They All (Mike, Aaron, Stan and Debbie) Worked Very Hard this past season to accomplish what we set out to do ... Get The Boat Dialed In As Far As We Could at the Races we could attend ... But ... I would have liked to have been "A Bit" Quicker ... Consistent 7.50's ... Something to Work For ... Our Ultimate Goal For The Open Cockpit Brenny.
    Our Plans for Next Year are Currently "In The Making" ... One Option that is being considered is to Run the "Black Mamba" in the two IHBA Races here in Phoenix and as many of the NJBA Races @ Ming as we feel will be "Productive" for Her Continued Development.
    Another involves a Major StepUp which May, Or, May Not Occur Sometime Next Year ... It Will Occur, Just Unsure As To The Exact Timing of Just When ... It all depends on how interested Sponsors are in what we are Proposing and The Benefit They See Us Providing Them ... Time will tell just what our Total Program (Da Snake +/?) will be for next year ... Should Know by the first of the year.