Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Winter Projects?

Sangster
    It's a Texas tunnel copy...Very light weight deal..We have a full race preped pump that we had built a few years back that needed to go somewhere.....My daughter will be running it in the NJBA next year..Should be fun trying to keep 2 Hydros and a Jetboat floatin'...... :supp: :supp: :supp:

Squirtin Thunder
    It's a Texas tunnel copy...Very light weight deal..We have a full race preped pump that we had built a few years back that needed to go somewhere.....My daughter will be running it in the NJBA next year..Should be fun trying to keep 2 Hydros and a Jetboat floatin'...... :supp: :supp: :supp:
    That is starting to sound like work !!!!

Bailey
    I need to boil my gas tanks to clean all the old scale out. last time I took it out I was on the gas and the boat just died. Found the fuel filter completely clogged. Also purchasing 514 short block from ford motor sports to build new motor. Has anybody heard anything about the 514? Good, Bad or other. I was just going to bore out my block but can't seem to find many good parts. Mainley A crankshaft. I'll be putting heating and A/C units in all winter to pay for the project. Also have a little girl on the way march 25th

Sangster

Jake W2
    Sangster sounds fun I did not know they (Texas Tunnel or Earl Smith )made them like that I have all ways seen them with the two little points in the front.Mantra and Sunkisst made them with that same bottom I wonder who cam up with it first my guess is Earl .This brings me to, did Scotten buy this mold also(like he did the 18 and 19 gullwings from Earl) and turn it in to (or make a diffrent bottom) for the CP tunnel.
    Does any one know what the hell happned to Earl Smith?Some one said he worked for G and S making seats or something.That does not seem like a good way for a hull inovator such as him self to use his ablities.
    Any way the deck on your boat is identical to the deck on my 18 gullwing and is my favroit of all the 18 gullwing and 18tunnel designs.
    Good luck with this next season.
    Jake

Sangster
    Thanks Jake.....

LVjetboy
    Upgrades:
    The CD player skips when the volume's cranked. Too much bass. Need solid state or maybe hard drive?
    I'd like to put DA on so I know what's going on but the cost is...painful.
    Jeanyus posted, "I'm taking votes should I put the red plexiglas splash guard back on? The boat dosen't have much freeboard,so it could benifit from it, but it seems like the splash guard would make it hard to work on the boat."
    I think red or clear. Yes, a splash guard makes it hard to work but you can remove it if you need to. Mine has all of 7 screws and I've removed and re-installed it many times. Depends on if you want all out race or a compromise.
    More importantly, the splash guard gives you a bit more peace of mind, a more lake/river friendly boat, and in the extreme may save your a**. Don't underestimate peace of mind. Even on a calm day there's always a threat of that wake barge clipping your tail. I typically boat big lakes (Mead and Powell) with windy conditions and without that guard, I'd be sunk...even with two bildge pumps.
    jer

Squirtin Thunder
    Upgrades:
    The CD player skips when the volume's cranked. Too much bass. Need solid state or maybe hard drive?
    I typically boat big lakes (Mead and Powell) with windy conditions and without that guard, I'd be sunk...even with two bildge pumps.
    jer
    What is th GPH that you run ?? Do you feel two smaller will move more water than one large ?? I have one 1000GPH pump right now with a float switch.
    Jim

LVjetboy
    Two Rule 500's. I'd doubt there's a significant difference between two 500's and a 1000 (maybe some but not significant) Depends on rating. I went with dual 500's because they fit between the intake and center pod wall. But even with a combined flow of 1000 gph, I wouldn't trust that without a splash guard.
    jer

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567