Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Konrad Drives

BADBLOWN572
    Does anyone have any information on Konrad drives for a high performance applications? I have heard that they have been tested with high horse power and high torque, but never any high performance applications. Any info that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    BB572

Havasu Hangin'
    A couple guys on OSO switched them for their TRS. If you try a search over there...you'll probably find alot of positive comments.

BADBLOWN572
    Thanks for the info.
    BB572

Jordy
    I think they have a website as I've seen advertising on OSO as well.
    http://www.konradmarine.com/

BADBLOWN572
    I looked at their website, but it doesn't have much information on the drive really. I am looking for first hand information hopefully from someone who has run 1k h.p. with one. Considering doing something in the future, but I don't want to spend the 60k+ for a pair of #6 drives. Sounds like it is possibly an option for future use.

XtrmWakeborder
    I looked at their website, but it doesn't have much information on the drive really. I am looking for first hand information hopefully from someone who has run 1k h.p. with one. Considering doing something in the future, but I don't want to spend the 60k+ for a pair of #6 drives. Sounds like it is possibly an option for future use.
    pair? whats up next BB?

Jordy
    One word for ya then. Arneson.

BADBLOWN572
    I have thought about Arnesons, but there are a bunch of reasons why I am hesitant to go with them. 1) They have the nick name of the kiddie cutters for a reason, 2) really slow hole shot, 3) Props are a pain in the butt to dial in and no one will loan you props for testing, 4) props are serious $$$, 5) don't stear well, etc... I will probably be using this boat as a pleasure boat and I really don't want to have to worry about safety issues with the drive etc...
    I have read over on OSO that a lot of guys are running the Konrad drives over the TRS drives and are loving them, but I have not seen anyone running over 800h.p. in front of them. I am thinking 1k h.p. motors. It scares me to think about blowing a drive at 140-150+!
    Xtreme, possibly going BIG!

Jordy
    4) props are serious $$$,
    Isn't everything that has to do with a boat though?
    I will probably be using this boat as a pleasure boat
    It scares me to think about blowing a drive at 140-150+!
    Going to be quite a pleasure boat.
    possibly going BIG!
    Not too big for Parker I hope????

BADBLOWN572
    Not too big for Parker I hope????
    Well define too big for Parker. Boatcop says that since it is a federal water way, they can not regulate any boat size on Parker. So technically, no it is not too big. Practically, possibly, but then again, you gots to strut yo shiz nit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast