Thread: say it aint so............

Blown 472
    first no jesus and now this.............
    Halliburton Admits to Bribes in Nigeria
    In other business news, Halliburton has acknowledged for the first time that it may have paid out millions of dollars in bribes to Nigerian officials in order to win a lucrative national gas project. Many of the bribes were given while Vice President Dick Cheney headed the company.

spectratoad
    Not sure how it goes in Nigeria but I believe in some countries what we call bribes is just the way business is done. :hammerhea

Liberator TJ1984
    Spectratoads right Blown
    I can go to Mexico , wine ,dine and screw for a $100 bucks ....sounds like a good deal ????
    It will cost half that to the local "Federales" just to make sure my car will be where I left it !!
    I work for a company that is Halliburtons Rival... we do the payoff game too :hammerhea
    it's like the old Mafia Insurance Plan ! pay up or get out !! :eat:

Second "PLACE"
    I agree that it happens all the time.--- They have the balls to step up and admit to it, I'll give 'em that. I'd be willing to bet that this is a long standing tradition in alot of business today.

Jeanyus
    I'm not sure, but I think Blown does not like Halliburton, but I could be wrong.

HM
    They call them rebates in the U.S.
    But you know what I think.....Cheney went over to nigeria and handed the bribes to them himself, infact, they resisted, but Cheney gave them an offer they could not refuse. :shift:

1978 Rogers
    I agree that it happens all the time.--- They have the balls to step up and admit to it, I'll give 'em that. I'd be willing to bet that this is a long standing tradition in alot of business today.
    Doesn't this happen in pretty much every bussiness. What about Political Contributions. I'm sure there are not strings involved. Come on, smell the coffee. :coffeycup

HighRoller
    Blown, I sure don't hear you stringing up any Democrats for doing things like this. And they do it all the time. What a f**king hypocrit sore loser. Go cry to your Mommy.

HM
    Daschell and McAuliffe missed some nice headlines of their own with Global Crossing. They got their act together and covered up nicely while everyone was focused on Enron, then luckily MCI came along to keep the distractions going.
    BTW...Global Crossing owns 10% of ACN (my pyramid scam chain letter dealio)