Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need advise

a catered life
    ok here is the problem
    recently purchased a 89 eliminator in late september and havent had a chance to launch yet i want to have a good mechanic check it out but dont know one, my last mechanic moved . i was thinking of taking it to eliminator in mira loma for a overall check. is this overkill are do yo think its a great idea. I live in the upper dessert area on la, palmdale, where theres only one repair shop :argue: (one i dont trust) if you think its a bad idea please provide the name and address of a good honest mechanic
    yea right good and honest :hammerhea

shadow
    You're not that far from Teaque Custom Marine in Valencia. Whatever they tell you-you can take it to the bank- they do know their stuff.
    Rio
    If your not sure of the overall condition of your boat,engine ,drive etc.
    I also agree take it to Teague and have them do an overall inspection and maint.It's going to cost you either now or later and later you may be out with your family for the weekend or ,down time during the summer.good luck hope it all checks out and congrats on your purchase. :mix:

JetBoatRich
    What's up Willie lets get that boat out in the water

a catered life
    thanks all for the advise all anyboby got a contact person there or a number
    hey rich i keep getting more bad news daily, the body shop call again to tell us two more weeks on the truck l :cry: ooks like my winter launch date is floating down the river :burningm: did i read a thread right you sold your boat?

JetBoatRich
    thanks all for the advise all anyboby got a contact person there or a number
    hey rich i keep getting more bad news daily, the body shop call again to tell us two more weeks on the truck l :cry: ooks like my winter launch date is floating down the river :burningm: did i read a thread right you sold your boat?
    That sucks about the vehicle, but it needs to be right
    You need a tow let me know, I am pretty busy but can try and help you out

HCS
    Agree....drop it in the water and fire up!

MAINEVENT
    ok here is the problem
    recently purchased a 89 eliminator in late september and havent had a chance to launch yet i want to have a good mechanic check it out but dont know one, my last mechanic moved . i was thinking of taking it to eliminator in mira loma for a overall check. is this overkill are do yo think its a great idea. I live in the upper dessert area on la, palmdale, where theres only one repair shop :argue: (one i dont trust) if you think its a bad idea please provide the name and address of a good honest mechanic
    yea right good and honest :hammerhea
    I wish i did that....I took my boat all the way to the river drove it for a half an hour and BAM all hell broke loose...Their was a plug that was neglected behind the fuel pump that was never set in and had been leaking that F'n plug now cost me a new motor good luck bro and i guess yeah i would recommend a check out

plaster dave
    If You Go To Teague Ask For Mario, Tell Him Dave Petty Told You To Call. But I Would Call Mike @ Stick Man Performance 818-425-9057 Also Tell Him Dave Petty Told You To Call. Good Luck

a catered life
    Thanks for all the good advise will be making arrangements this week to drop off thanks rich for the offer i found out my girls friend has a big ass truck at home so i will be using it but its great to know friends like you are out there PS are you doing hot wings and beer sunday? if so what time will you be there

a catered life
    I wish i did that....I took my boat all the way to the river drove it for a half an hour and BAM all hell broke loose...Their was a plug that was neglected behind the fuel pump that was never set in and had been leaking that F'n plug now cost me a new motor good luck bro and i guess yeah i would recommend a check out
    sorry to hear that but thats the main reason i want to have it checked out dont want any part of hell to brake loose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast