Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes it can get more stupider, Police use Stun gun on 6yr old

JustMVG
    MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- Police used a stun gun on a 6-year-old boy in his principal's office because he was wielding a piece of glass and threatening to hurt himself, officials said Thursday.
    The boy, who was not identified, was shocked with 50,000 volts on October 20 at Kelsey Pharr Elementary School.
    Principal Maria Mason called 911 after the child broke a picture frame in her office and waved a piece of glass, holding a security guard back.
    When two Miami-Dade County police officers and a school officer arrived, the boy had already cut himself under his eye and on his hand.
    The officers talked to the boy without success. When the boy cut his own leg, one officer shocked him with a Taser and another grabbed him to prevent him from falling, police said.
    He was treated and taken to a hospital, where he was committed for psychiatric evaluation.
    "By using the Taser, we were able to stop the situation, stop him from hurting himself," police spokesman Juan DelCastillo told The Miami Herald.
    The case was under review.

switchin'addiction
    What wussies. I'm sorry, but come on...a 6yr old??

rvrjunkie
    The stun gun did a lot less damage to the kid than the glass woud have if he continued to cut himself.

C-2
    At least they didn't hit him with a bean bag gun - those things don't always work as planned.
    way to go

Bre
    The stun gun did a lot less damage to the kid than the glass woud have if he continued to cut himself.
    True ... if my kid was dumb enough to cut herself go ahead and stun her dumb ass Kids got problems :frown: so sad :frown:

hoolign
    True ... if my kid was dumb enough to cut herself go ahead and stun her dumb ass Kids got problems :frown: so sad :frown:
    no shit...some kids have some strange issues!

switchin'addiction
    But if they were able to get close enough to the kid to hit him with a stun gun, couldn't they have just grabbed an arm to control the hand with the glass in it? Not disagreeing with anyone I just don't see why they couldn't control a 6yr old any other way??

IN2MX
    I can't believe that nobody thought of this already...
    :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
    Lord, please forgive me and be with the starvin' pigmies down there in New Guinea....Amen!

Bre
    But if they were able to get close enough to the kid to hit him with a stun gun, couldn't they have just grabbed an arm to control the hand with the glass in it? Not disagreeing with anyone I just don't see why they couldn't control a 6yr old any other way??
    Don't know... guess you really can't say anything unless you saw it happen. Maybe they were afraid of getting cut or him cutting himself? Who knows how the kid was holding it. I think the stun gun makes you lose control of your muscles.... the electronic charge takes over all your muscle control. As a parent I would not be mad if they used a stun gun on my kid, but then again I hope that I am raising my kids right and they don't ever do something like that at age 6

switchin'addiction
    Ignore my babbling...I reread the article & it makes a little more sense now. He was probably waving it at someone so the other officer basically took control when he wasn't looking.
    I probably could have used a good zap or two when I was still in school, so I can see the use of it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast