Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next four years

spectratoad
    So what do you think we can expect for the next four years?
    I will try to convey what I heard on the news yesterday about the red/blue states. They are trying to dilute this things so bad but it had something to do with gay marriage/divorce rate/charitable contribution. I think it just gives an insight of what we get to hear for the next four years. I have aven noticed the media has takine a swing and even tried to get the truth out sometimes. Not very good at it since it is something they don't inherently do well to begin with.
    Anyway it boils down to, the blue states support gay marriage, the red states have a higher divorce rate and the red states also give more to charity even though the needy throw more support to the blue areas.
    The next four years we will see a chameleon like effect from the liberals. They will try so hard to be someone to everyone. Our liberals will try so hard to act like conservatives and regain some of their control again. So watch out America, a wolf in sheeps clothing covered by a suit. I forsee a blurring of the character between Republican & Democrat. It will be hard to tell the difference.
    Even Hillary has begun to go to church. I heard some commentator remark about it.

CircleJerk
    Maybe a move to the center........opps, that's been done before. Let's go watch more NBA, hibernate, and lick our wounds! Sorry, one could only hope they would act this smart!

We as Republicans may not like what Bush will do over the next 4 years when it comes to domestic policies.........I for one believe he is already to liberal for my likes. But he has a chance to deliver a death blow to the demorats for the next twenty years!
    Follow this and see if it makes sense to you guys as I voiced this way today at lunch with some friends. Bush won the election by appealing to voters here to for that never voted Republican. He made great in roads with black voters garnering at least 45% of every black vote cast. He also doubled his votes iwith the single woman voter. His gains with the hispanic vote enabled him to get more hispanics votes than any other Republican Presidential candidate ever. The Pres. also made huge strides with the elderly and Jewish voters. Now whether we like it or not we have to admitt why he did so well with these groups.
    I beleive it was not because of just national security but rather over the last four years Bush has done so well leading the war on terror AND........LET'S FACE IT he has pandered to these groups! Now with out boring you with to many examples, he passed a prescription drug give away for seniors (very leftist as it is socialized medicine), he lowered taxs for everybody and especially for single professionals earning 75k or more per year which includes lots of single women and blacks married or single. His support for Israel and their war on terror against the Palestinians is more forceful and strident than anyother President ever. Resulting in a huge shift, along with seniors, of the Jewish vote for Bush.
    Now we hear today, especially that he is creating a very liberal immigration policy for namely and frankly for the Hispanic vote. His plan would include drivers lic's ect. and amnesty ect ect. The no child left behind act just furthered government education and appeals to blacks in the innercity.
    Also I believe that the gay marriage thing had something to do with otherwise blue voters voting Republican but if we don't recognize that President is very liberal on many domestic agendas we are missing most why he was such a real success. HE IS GOVERNING FROM THE MIDDLE! And also we can expect more of the same for the next four YEARS!
    He is going to premptedly continue to trump the demorats at their own game and intends to piece by piece continue to take huge chunks of the demorats constiguencies one piece at a time!
    Now it will make some of us die hard conservatives squirm ........but I would rather have him in office in the middle doestically and to right where it counts on the war on terror and taxes than kerry, the commie, in the Oval Office!
    What do you think?

spectratoad
    Have to agree with what you say. What scares me, besides Hillary, is that the dems will move towards the middle also. Not because they changed their ways but because they want people, mostly the uninformed, to see how "nice" they are and how "people friendly" they are.
    I do disagree with some of the things that Bush has done but that will happen with a govern down the middle type guy. Obviously he can't make everyone happy but by looking at the election most people like the way he run the house.
    I hope the Republicans play it smart the next four years and we gain even more traction and seats in government. I think Bush will be less apt to pacify people since he doesn't need to seek reelection but I know we still have to work to get more people to stay on the good side.

sorry dog
    My forecast is that the economy on the whole will make a few small runs, but the combination of high fuel prices (basically an economic tax), continued record trade deficits, and rising interest rates will keep the brakes on.
    Gay marraige?? Basically I don't really care, but tell'em they can get married but it don't count for benefits and see how fast they get divorced.

OGShocker
    So what do you think we can expect for the next four years?
    More BS coming from the fingers of BLOWN. :argue: :crossx:

vdriver4ever
    Busti,
    I agree with everything you said. I am very conservative myself. And I think there needs to be those of us out there that help pull the far left to the middle. However I am sometimes ok with the middle.
    Maybe just maybe if the dems start working their way to the middle in an effort to win back the voters and those of us on the right keep pulling.... we will end up 5/8 to the right?
    I am amazed that people are still talking about gay marriage. Of coures I am from Idaho. Land of the red. Other then those blue people over in Sun Valley. It's easy for most of us to say "I don't really care". But my fear is who is going to want to get married next? To your son or daughter? To your sister? To your dog? Where does it end? Trust me..... it never does.

Forkin' Crazy
    I am amazed that people are still talking about gay marriage. Of coures I am from Idaho. Land of the red. Other then those blue people over in Sun Valley. It's easy for most of us to say "I don't really care". But my fear is who is going to want to get married next? To your son or daughter? To your sister? To your dog? Where does it end? Trust me..... it never does.
    Well if you look what is happing in Mass., you will see. Now, especially if you have children. They are now teaching "gay" in schools. There are whole classes dedicated to such. One instance they were explainging how two females can engage in gay sex..... :220v: :burningm: :messedup:

Boy Named Sue
    Well if you look what is happing in Mass., you will see. Now, especially if you have children. They are now teaching "gay" in schools. There are whole classes dedicated to such. One instance they were explainging how two females can engage in gay sex..... :220v: :burningm: :messedup:
    Kim Hanson, this has you written all over it. It all yours.

Boy Named Sue
    Busti,
    I agree with everything you said. I am very conservative myself. And I think there needs to be those of us out there that help pull the far left to the middle. However I am sometimes ok with the middle.
    Maybe just maybe if the dems start working their way to the middle in an effort to win back the voters and those of us on the right keep pulling.... we will end up 5/8 to the right?
    How would you pull the far left to the middle? Or the far right? Would take some pretty long arms becuase those people are dug in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast