Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick my next boat.

AMC-Nut
    Hey All,
    I am in the process of trying to find my next boat. I live Tempe, AZ and do most of my boating at Parker, Powell, Bartlett, Apache, Pleasant and Roosevelt. I am looking for a good lake boat that is under 22' long and has a huge gas tank so I can do some exploring at powell before it goes dry. My buddy has an Eagle Sabre:
    http://www.eagleracing.ca/RModels/sbr.8.jpg
    and it's great! So I was thinking about one of these but thought I would ask you all for your opinion before I sell my soul to the bank. I usually have about 6 people with me and do a lot of wakeboarding, slalom skiing, and all out going fast which the Sabre does great with the 572 BBC. I am upgrading from '77 CVX-20 which is great boat but usually leaves someone on shore and only has a 27 gallon gas tank. Any ideas would be appreciated. I really like jets or V-drives but would consider anything.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

switchin'addiction
    talk to KILRTOY he has one for sale
    That's what I was going to suggest. A lot of great boats for sale right here in this forum.

hoolign
    are you planning on some river boating?..

AMC-Nut
    Parker is the only river that I run. I just like the Sabre since it's got a 70 gallon tank and hauls butt! The thing can take some major abuse and rides smooth to boot.

Tom Brown
    Jungle Boy is a big Eagle nut. As I recally, he has two of them. You could talk to him but he'll probably tell you the same thing as your buddy... that Eagle build a great boat.
    Good luck with it. By the way, if it were me, I'd keep the CVX.

AMC-Nut
    The CVX was my first boat, I picked it up this summer and drove the heck out of it. It needs some work and the hull is really faded, that's one of the reasons I am thinkging of going to aluminium, no fiberglass to keep to cleaned and waxed. Check it out if you want, price is negotiable.
    http://members.cox.net/ryan.bailey/

NashvilleBound
    That's what I was going to suggest. A lot of great boats for sale right here in this forum.
    Exactly!!!!!! http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?76723207 for just one example.

Mrs. casean
    Exactly!!!!!! http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?76723207 for just one example.
    You're sellin yours too? I wish I could buy it, ours is for sale too... HINT HINT Not as new obviously, but lots of fun... good luck! What are you gonna buy next?

AMC-Nut
    That Ultra is a little long for me, I don't really want to go over the 22-23' mark but I do really like the 21 deck that they have but haven't actually been in one yet. They have a couple of them on the website for sale, the other problem I see with the ultra is that it doesn't seem to be a great all around boat...but I could be wrong.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

Mrs. casean
    That Ultra is a little long for me, I don't really want to go over the 22-23' mark but I do really like the 21 deck that they have but haven't actually been in one yet. They have a couple of them on the website for sale, the other problem I see with the ultra is that it doesn't seem to be a great all around boat...but I could be wrong.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    They do look great! I have heard great things about the deck too... except that the 2 people I know who bought one wishes they didnt listen to the sales guy and got the bigger engine... other than that, they love it!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast