Thread: Drag Boat Racing on Phoenix Radio Tonight

UBFJ #454
    The IHBA World Finals Week Has Begun Here In Phoenix and Again The Black Bear Racing Crew Will Be On The Radio ...
    "RACING ROUNDUP - ARIZONA" has invited the BBR Crew to be on their Show Tonight. The broadcast will be from MAX's Sports Bar (6747 North 47th Avenue ... Just South of Glendale, on the East Side of 47th) and will be carried on KXAM, 1310 AM Independent Radio between 7:00 & 9:00 PM. Our Crew will be there as well as a few of our Sponsors (provided they can make it) ... You'all should Come On Over and Join Us ... The more Boaters (of Any Kind) that attend, the higher the Profile we can pick up For Boating In General.
    While Max's is a Sports Bar, the Monday Night Atmosphere is Family Oriented ... For Racers, Their Wives & Children. Also, the food is good and very reasonably priced. Remember, most of the people that will be attending will be Circle Racers (Dirt & Asphalt) along with a few Asphalt Drag Racers ... We Drag Boat Racers Are An Oddity To Them So We Can Use All The Support We Can Get.
    Come on over and join us between 7 & 9 ... We'll be getting there around 6:30 and would love to meet any of you guys and "Swap Lies". Hope to See Some of You There.
    Jak et. al.

BlownNitro540
    Are you running at Phoenix?

Squirtin Thunder
    Jak,
    Thanks for the invite. I will be in a tube latter today. To see if they can find my Brain and whats wrong with it. If it is not too late I will try and shoot down, my wife will have to drive me though, and my daughter would love to see some boat racers.
    %$),540
    Jak is not running as he has posted found somethings that they desided to refresh the power for next season.
    Jim

UBFJ #454
    BN 540 -
    We had planned to Race @ The World Finals (Had already Paid our entry), but, as a result of our "Burping" the head on 'Ms. MoneyPenny' @ The NJBA Nationals we decided not to "Thrash" on her to be ready for Phoenix ... We only raced this past spring with the IHBA and there was really no benefit to be had by running the Finals ... Plus we were approaching 100 laps on the motor and it was Time for her to be Refreshed anyway.
    All the Crew will be in attendance ... Helping other out of state racers and, Finally Getting to "Watch Da Fuelers"!
    Are you going to be down here in Phoenix for the Races?

BlownNitro540
    Bear,
    I would sure like to attend, but unfortuantely my work schedule says no.

UBFJ #454
    Black Bear Racing and Its Sponsors would like to Thank Rick Carlson and The Whole Arizona Racer's RoundUp Crew for a Most Enjoyable Evening and the Exposure they provided us to their radio audience ... Rick had a bit of a suprise for all of us in that IHBA's Charlie Fegan showed up and got some "Air Time" right after us.
    Last Night Was A Good Night For Drag Boat Racing Here In Phoenix ... Thank You Rick & Crew!
    Jak, Mike, Debbie, Aaron, Stan ... et. al.
    P.S.: I didn't know it until we got there, but, the broadcast could have been listened to over the internet @ Independent Radio KXAM 1310 [ www.kxam.com ]. In the future, when something to do with Drag Boat Racing is to be broadcast by KXAM, I'll let everyone know.
    P.P.S.: A fair portion of "The Poor Reception" over the internet was due to the Rowdy Nature of football fans watching the Eagles/Cowboy Game @ Max's ... I'm reception was about the same over the radio.
    P.P.P.S.: GOOD LUCK & SAFE RACING TO ALL @ THE WORLD FINALS.

AZKC
    Props to you and your team for representin