Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacuzzi Jet Info?

HaulinAss
    Well I just picked up a 71 Hondo and it has a jacuzzi jet pump on it.I am not at all familiar with Jacizzi stuff and was hoping someone has some info about these.The guy I bought it from told me that it was all redone by a place in Tracy earlier this year.He said it has a J bowl and that he thinks its an A impeller and that it accepts berkely parts.
    Any info anyone may have or links to where I can find out any info about these would be mucho appreciated

HaulinAss
    after some research I have found it is for certain a 12WJ setup with diverter.but havent found much info about them

dave186
    what do you mean by J bowl? I have a WJ on my boat, but when i smoked the thrust bearing and killed the impeller, shaft and bowl at the same time, i went with the energizer kit. parts availability is better and it was a quick and easy bolt on, had the boat up and running again in 2 weeks. there is no doubt that the WJ stuff can be worked over to perform better than the energizer kit does, but that would have taken time. if you have a good working pump, you can have someone knowledgeable with the jacuzzi stuff make them work great. im sure others will have reccomendations on who can do that.

1Bahnerjet
    Who would have Guessed...
    Jacuzzi #1 ???
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../43KJ-US_1.jpg

HaulinAss
    what do you mean by J bowl? I have a WJ on my boat, but when i smoked the thrust bearing and killed the impeller, shaft and bowl at the same time, i went with the energizer kit. parts availability is better and it was a quick and easy bolt on, had the boat up and running again in 2 weeks. there is no doubt that the WJ stuff can be worked over to perform better than the energizer kit does, but that would have taken time. if you have a good working pump, you can have someone knowledgeable with the jacuzzi stuff make them work great. im sure others will have reccomendations on who can do that.
    Im new to the entire jacuzzi pump thing so i was going off what the guy told me and all he was able to tell me was that it was a J bowl.Well after a lil research I have found out that it is indeed a "WJ".,I could just looked on the ID tag but I wasnt at the boat at the time I posted this .
    Thanx everyone for any info and any future info

crf311
    I am looking for the same information. i just picked up a 75 sunkist with a jacuzzi pump. I just pulled mine out the boat tonight. Although everything is spinning freely, looking at the impeller it looks a little worn and rough on the edges. Looks like a alum. prop does after some use. If I find anything out I will pass it along.

BrendellaJet
    The WJ is supposedly a good pump. You can do plenty of searches for info on it where I and others have posted about it. Ive got one that I had worked over to MPDs stage 3 race standards, but I have not run it yet, so I have no idea how it will perform.
    If you plan to go fast, you'llhave to spend money on the pump. When I was pricing the cost to change over to a berk, I was assured that I would be happy with the pumps performance incomparison to the berk, for less money(since I already had the Jacizzi...) I told Jack at MPD that I wanted to do a hundred miles an hour, He said :the pump can do it".
    Nuff said.
    Ill be posting the results of my build in the coming months, stay tuned.

HaulinAss
    The WJ is supposedly a good pump. You can do plenty of searches for info on it where I and others have posted about it. Ive got one that I had worked over to MPDs stage 3 race standards, but I have not run it yet, so I have no idea how it will perform.
    If you plan to go fast, you'llhave to spend money on the pump. When I was pricing the cost to change over to a berk, I was assured that I would be happy with the pumps performance incomparison to the berk, for less money(since I already had the Jacizzi...) I told Jack at MPD that I wanted to do a hundred miles an hour, He said :the pump can do it".
    Nuff said.
    Ill be posting the results of my build in the coming months, stay tuned.
    get it going yet?

Floored
    I'm happy with my WJ. it has been modified to use a berk droop and diverter and gate. after 4 1/2 years with no problems I'm happy enough. Just grease it before I go out and when I come home and life is good. I stay out of real shallow water and push off aways from shore to help it live longer, mainley run the river from BHC to Sandbar and back and also Lake Mohave. My olds probably will never see 100 unless I'm towing downhill and lose my brakes ,but the pump now is still good for 60-70 every day and will pull a 265 lb skier.

wsuwrhr
    They aren't a bad pump, but they will never be a Berkeley. I have doen a few things to mine, I added a Berk impeller, made a new shaft, and modified the bowl to accept Berk accesories.
    Brian
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...3brokeimp2.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast