Thread: Whats The Best Deal On 750 Hp?

Seastang
    Has anyone been pricing engines lately, and has found something good?

Infomaniac
    Yes and Yes.

steelcomp
    what are you looking for???
    I have a real nice BB Chev right around 650 hp for sale. This isn't a Summit parts motor...custom built with good parts by an experienced pro engine buuilder.

NOTALENT
    www.speedomotive.com They have alot of good deals and good quality engines. I have been looking for a good short or long block as well. Either a 454, 468, or a 496 dont have to much to spend. ANy ideas???

HavasuDreamin'
    Chevy Crate 572".

jackpunx
    www.speedomotive.com They have alot of good deals and good quality engines. I have been looking for a good short or long block as well. Either a 454, 468, or a 496 dont have to much to spend. ANy ideas???
    PM infomaniac.. He might have something laying around :wink:

superdave013
    have you ever owned an engine built at Speed O Motive?
    If you ask me that's a high volume shop that slaps them together and pumps them out. Co worker has lots of troubles with his 383 small block that came complete from them. My schiada had one of there long blocks in it when I bought the boat. Nothing to brag about parts wise.
    If Info can even get close with one of his custom hand measured and built engines I'd go that way.

Norseman
    You get what you pay for!!!
    Buy a motor from an industrial rebuilder then you get mostly used parts, with whatever they absolutely needed to replace, replaced, with whatever parts the purchasing guy could buy "CHEAP".
    Assembled as quickly as possible, with nothing custom fit or for the most part even measured, by the lowest paid person they could get to fill the job.
    I had a buddy whose wife worked for a factory authorized Ford rebuilder, and even he wouldn't use any of thier stuff. But lots of dealers and motor shops did....
    Spend the money to get good parts assembled right and you only need to do it once. Go CHEAP and sooner or later, and more likely sooner you get to do it all again.
    We have a couple of engine builders on the forum, I am sure that any of them would be will to help out a hot boater with a little better than retail price.
    As they say:
    You pay now or you pay later X two!!!!
    Just my .02
    Bob

Jet City
    Do yourself a big favor and search this and other forums, I have read of some very suspect quality from Speed-O-Motive.
    If I were looking to build a 750hp mill, I would be talking to someone like Infomaniac, find a shop with a good reputation and thats very familiar with marine applications.

Seastang
    Do yourself a big favor and search this and other forums, I have read of some very suspect quality from Speed-O-Motive.
    If I were looking to build a 750hp mill, I would be talking to someone like Infomaniac, find a shop with a good reputation and thats very familiar with marine applications.
    Thanks for the responce from you guys, Iam still looking things over If I win the lottery it wont be a problem .