Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up for auction...

rvrpig
    Any one ever buy any thing at a police or other type auction?
    Any one ever get a boat through that type of auction?

Bad2DBone
    I haven't myself per say, but my mom-in-laws buy friend is a whole saler in Glendale. He gets alot of cars from the local auction in Phoenix as well as Cali and up North in Nebraska and South Dakota.
    He has bought cars,trailers and motor cycles as well as sleds. Not sure about a boat though. but I have went with him on occasion and it looks like a good way to get a rig. But you need to know what you want and how much something is worth before you go so you don't over pay.
    Last time we were in Glendale in early April I wentto a auction with him, his buddy had a blueberry or what ever you call those hand held things. And he could look up prices on cars and what the last dozen or so sold for while waiting in line.

WILD LAVEY
    bought my first boat from an insurance auction. it was an eliminator. the motor and interior were stripped. the hull, trailer and drive were in good condition. sold it for several thousands of what i had in it.

Boatcop
    We've sold a few boats at auction. Nothing that I'd really want.
    We did, however sell 2 complete Mercury Off-Shore 225 HP engines. One had a bad power pack and the other ran good, but had high hours.
    Nobody bid on them, and they finally went for $300 bucks for both. They were worth at least $5,000 in parts alone.
    The guy that bought them made one phone call and sold them to another guy for $2,500.

rvrpig
    We've sold a few boats at auction. Nothing that I'd really want.
    We did, however sell 2 complete Mercury Off-Shore 225 HP engines. One had a bad power pack and the other ran good, but had high hours.
    Nobody bid on them, and they finally went for $300 bucks for both. They were worth at least $5,000 in parts alone.
    The guy that bought them made one phone call and sold them to another guy for $2,500.
    how often do you guys have the auctions?

AZKC
    We have auctions every 6 months here at our place(Pima County, AZ) All types of vehicles and crap. According to how many people show up as to how good the deals are. We just dumped a bunch of 89 Chevy trucks they went for 800-1200. A 1 ton crew cab with a warn winch went for 1200.

Boatcop
    We try to hold an auction every 6 months or so. The next one will have a bunch of vehicles. Mostly vans, and what I'd consider "junkers". (Taken from illegal immigrants and never claimed)
    We have one boat, right now. Had a couple pounds of meth in it. 24' SleekCraft. Mostly stripped. It looks like it was in the middle of a re-hab. Don't know when it'll go up for auction. It takes time from when we actually seize things until the court forfeits it to us.
    Most of the "good" vehicles, we keep for undercover work, so if we're auctioning something, it's usually not in very good shape.

brianwhiteboy
    try looking at stealitback.com ....it's like an online police auction :rollside:

Jordy
    Most of the "good" vehicles, we keep for undercover work
    You guys run undercover out there???? Let me guess, RD heads up the task force, right??? C'mon, nobody would suspect him.

Her454
    My ex got a Blazer from an auction in Phoenix and we found "quite a bit" of meth in it when I ripped the carpet out of it to do the interior......... :sqeyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast