Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sealed or Vented ??

Havasu Hangin'
    I secong the Lord's suggestion on the Marine ply. Much stronger than the MDF, and I dare you to hear a difference.
    Yes...the lurker knows from experience.
    I upholstered my last one, so a little wood putty and a disc sander touched up the edges on my wonderful sawing job.

SSTahoe
    I have two storage doors that i'm taking out and that were my enclosure are going I was going to recess the subs back a little so you can't kick them but that might be to much work. I will just get some nice grills paint them white, if they get dented I will just buy new ones. I just want it to look nice is there any custom grills for 10's that don't cost to much.

Havasu Hangin'
    I have two storage doors that i'm taking out and that were my enclosure are going I was going to recess the subs back a little so you can't kick them but that might be to much work. I will just get some nice grills paint them white, if they get dented I will just buy new ones. I just want it to look nice is there any custom grills for 10's that don't cost to much.
    Roz got me some cheap grills on my last setup...I just painted them white.
    http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/subs.jpg
    I liked the RF grills because they were stronger (in case someone kicked one), but I didn't have the clearance. I've seen some slick front plates put on (just another piece of wood) that recesses the subs enough to stretch mesh fabric and vinyl over the front. Just put waffle grills underneath...and it looks very clean because you can't see them.

ROZ
    Yes...the lurker knows from experience.
    The lurker... Now isn't that the basket calling the subwoofer black...

ROZ
    I've seen some slick front plates put on (just another piece of wood) that recesses the subs enough to stretch mesh fabric and vinyl over the front. Just put waffle grills underneath...and it looks very clean because you can't see them.
    This is a great solution...

SSTahoe
    I'm now going to install (1) 12" sub and Install my other (2) 10" subs for better sound my question is should I wire up the 10's in Series or Parallel the will be in the same enclosure for space savings.

SSTahoe
    If I put both 10" subs in one box will it work if i just double the cubic feet needed for one sub ?? one sub 0.65/ 2=???

ROZ
    If I put both 10" subs in one box will it work if i just double the cubic feet needed for one sub ?? one sub 0.65/ 2=???
    Yes... doubling the volume is generally all you need to do... 1.3ft^3 ...
    series or parallel will depend on your amp...
    10's and 12 should be in different enclosures...

SSTahoe
    The 10' and 12's will be in different enclosure, are free air 12's OK ? Will I have to run 2 amp's to run the 12 and two 10's if the 10's are wired in Parallel or Series??

ROZ
    what model subs and what model amp(s)?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast