Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTE FOR 2001 VINTAGE JET BOAT OF THE YEAR

Teshio

okeliminator
    Hey Teshio; what yr constitutes vintage?

custom-cruiser
    Come on now guys...I'm November...Who's your Bro? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Teshio
    okeliminator,
    Thanks for asking.
    Check out the VJB site and
    Vintage--is mostly 60s, 70s, 80s, and some late model with engine cover (2/3s OK), and thru-hull exhaust.
    Antique--is anything before 1960.
    Jet Head--No engine cover with those crazy pipes (smile) over the transom. Blown engines and hot pump set-ups.
    There are many fine Jet Head related sites. We wanted to highlight VJBs because no site really existed.
    Let's have fun with voting for VJB of the Year. Rick is kicking in a $200 voucher for his biz to the winner. That's cool!
    Let's not repeat the nasty e-mails from last year from a few--VJB of the Year voting is from the 12 Boats of the Month, if you didn't get on-board this year, try next.
    Thank you.

RiverToysJas
    I voted for November, the clear winner in my eyes! But the results chart didn't register my vote!!
    RTJas

Teshio
    RiverToysJas,
    To all,
    We tested this Voting Results site many many times over the last two weeks and no problems. Here's two possible answers.
    1. Did you already vote for another? If so, it won't let you vote for another 15 days.
    2. If you have med-high security settings or cookies turned off or Java off on your Browser it will not let your vote--that's a Sparklit.com thing.
    If you still want to vote and not use Sparklit.com to do it just send the webmaster@teshio.com an e-mail with only the word VOTE in the subject line. Put the month in the body and it will get counted.
    Thank you.
    Teshio

custom-cruiser
    OK guys how about kickn' down a couple votes for the Cruiser, They turned down the security settings a little and can now register votes for my ride. Just remember "NOVEMBER"
    Thanks! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Cruise

LOWRIVER2
    Just have to ask why O/T pipes and exposed engines are'nt "vintage", Is this a Midwest thing? Oh well, nice boats anyway.

Teshio
    LOWRIVER2,
    Good question on the O/T and exposed engine not being Vintage. There were (and are) numerous web sites dedicated to the Jet Head set. Where I grew up in Mid-Michigan Jet Heads are the guys with the big engines and narly chrome pipes blazing across the water--that's cool!
    No web site existed for the so-called Vintage Jet Boats (VJB)s so we made one just for them. Not knocking Jet Heads at all (I enjoy all types of REAL JET BOATS).
    Thanks for the comment.
    VOTE! IT'S YOUR RIGHT!

GlastronGuy
    I don't know. I still like that winner from last year. Maybe give it to him for another year? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast