Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a lifted 04-05 Lifted F150

Eliminator 4 Life
    I was wondering if you get any popping noise from your front end I was told they are ball joints cause they are rubber. If you have had this problem and there is a fix I would love to know what it is. Thanks Rob

Squirtin Thunder
    I was wondering if you get any popping noise from your front end I was told they are ball joints cause they are rubber. If you have had this problem and there is a fix I would love to know what it is. Thanks Rob
    I would take it to a real shop, there should be no popping in the front end.

Newcastle
    Here's mine...no popping. I can't imagine there should be either...http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...new_wheels.jpg

JetBoatRich
    Rev Williams has a nice lift on his F-150

Eliminator 4 Life
    I would take it to a real shop, there should be no popping in the front end.
    Well give me some names and numbers

soupersonic
    Ball joints are not rubber , there are some polyurethane bushings under there tho.Isnt the F150 an IFS ? Ball joints are a common repair on those if it is.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Ball joints are not rubber , there are some polyurethane bushings under there tho.Isnt the F150 an IFS ? Ball joints are a common repair on those if it is.
    Isnt polyurethane some form of plastic or rubber well anyway same difference you know what I meant. Do you have a fix? Besides replacing them it only has 5k miles on it since the lift...

soupersonic
    when does it make the "popping" noise , while turning ? If it does it while turning you should look at the cv joints , other wise your ball joints and or idler arm and pitman arm could be bad. I would have a good shop look at it for you.

JetBoatRich
    is it a "POP" noise or just the tire rubbing

Squirtin Thunder
    Isnt polyurethane some form of plastic or rubber well anyway same difference you know what I meant. Do you have a fix? Besides replacing them it only has 5k miles on it since the lift...
    Who did the lift ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast