Reggie Miller 1 $5,500,000 $61,111
    Chauncey Billups 1 $5,455,000 $60,611
    Derrick Coleman 1 $4,500,000 $50,000
    Elden Campbell 1 $4,500,000 $48,888

Raisin Wake
    Elden Cambell makes $48,888 a game????? :sqeyes:
    Someone's a sucker....

riverdog
    Just goes to show you. You put Dog S**t in a Bently, and it's still Dog S**t.

Dr. Eagle
    Just goes to show you. You put Dog S**t in a Bently, and it's still Dog S**t.
    That's good... I always liked "Can't polish a turd"...

Boozer
    Personally I think those douche bags should be banned from the game for good.
    I dont know about the rest of you but I work with the general public. They are my customers. If I were to do something severe or minor but none the less something that resulted in a customer throwing something at me like a beer and I beat that person up I would lose my job and go to jail. Why should these guys not face the same consequences me or anyone else face? What makes them any better then you or I or the fans they hit?
    In reality those basketball players assaulted their customers. Those people there are the fans who pay the big bucks to be there and essentialy write the checks that those players cash. If it weren't for the fans spending money there would be no money and no checks to cash. You don't beat up your customers.
    Regardless of coming from the ghetto, growing up poor, etc. etc. those guys are professional athletes and should know how to conduct themselves in a proffessional manner. Someone throws a beer at you then you walk it off and you let the authorities handle it. It's that simple.

spectratoad
    Personally I think those douche bags should be banned from the game for good.
    I dont know about the rest of you but I work with the general public. They are my customers. If I were to do something severe or minor but none the less something that resulted in a customer throwing something at me like a beer and I beat that person up I would lose my job and go to jail. Why should these guys not face the same consequences me or anyone else face? What makes them any better then you or I or the fans they hit?
    In reality those basketball players assaulted their customers. Those people there are the fans who pay the big bucks to be there and essentialy write the checks that those players cash. If it weren't for the fans spending money there would be no money and no checks to cash. You don't beat up your customers.
    Regardless of coming from the ghetto, growing up poor, etc. etc. those guys are professional athletes and should know how to conduct themselves in a proffessional manner. Someone throws a beer at you then you walk it off and you let the authorities handle it. It's that simple.
    I would have to say that 90% of me agrees with Boozer but the other 20 say that a player should only take so much. How many of you would sit back and take that and go to your locker room without swingin'? If I was in a retail enviro or a professional area that may be different but in this sports setting I would have to swing.
    I do hope the fans get some fines, jail etc... tossed their way too though.

Kilrtoy
    DAMN BOOZER AGAIN I AGREE WITH YOU, almost,
    NOONE should have to sit by and take shit thrown at them, but to attack a fan who you dont know if it was him or not. He F&*^ED up....

JetBoatRich
    Boozer, good point beating up your customers is a bad thing :yuk:

vdrivenman
    I know plenty of police & corrections officers who get worse and more disgusting things chunked on them than cokes and beer and they are not allowed to go in and administer punishment or assault the thrower. they have to maintain their cool and deal with it.
    these pro ball players are nothing but thugs !!!!!!!!!!!!! for the money their making i think i could turn the other cheek, hell i do it now for a lot less. i don't make in a year what they make in a game !
    i beleive the fan should also be held accountable ! i am sure there was security at the game ,let them handle the fans, put them out of the building and file criminal on them.

MagicMtnDan
    NBA players are part of a very small and exclusive group of guys paid millions to play basketball professionallly at the highest level in the world.
    There are hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide that look up to them, that want to be like them, that cheer them on and hope they can win a championship for "their team."
    If they don't want to exercise enough self-control to act like professionals then they will be gone. Every job has tough demands. The ditch digger has to get in the ditch and dig all day. The mechanic has to get under the vehicles and fix them all day whether it's cold or hot out. The salesman has to get more sales. We all have tough demands at our jobs. And I, for one, am not getting paid millions to do it (but I'm worth it).
    When I see professional basketball players crusing through the stands like sharks on the prowl for their next victim, I worry about the future of professional basketball and the NBA. This was the worst ever and it's a culmination of events over the past years. Ugly, ugly, ugly.
    Sure some of the fans are AWFUL. They scream out the worst possible things they can think of (and some of them are very creative, aggressive, and abusive) and some do it all game long. Sure it's awful for a player to hear those things. And I do believe the league and the cities/arenas have a responsibility to eject/arrest those abusive fans immediately. They must show everyone that that kind of behavior will not be tolerated.
    But the players are obligated to show restraint and act like the multi-millionaire professionals that they are. There are millions of people who would LOVE to play basketball and get paid 1/10 what these guys make. The league and its fans cannot afford to condone this criminal type of behavior or there will no longer be an NBA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast