Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New noise boat law, what brand are you considering?

riverbum
    As the new boat law is approaching, what brand mufflers are you considering?
    I have looked into Gatlin, Rex Marine and GGB.

THOR
    I still dont know if I should change over. I have a 496 HO that idles below the water line and it quiet. It obviously gets louder while running. But, should I take a chance or no? If so, I will go with Rex or HPI.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    we can not find any that fit our boat :cry:

jbtrailerjim
    Mine exits under the water line. So, I will take my chances with how loud it is while I'm on plane. Hope they don't bother with me. If they do, I will probably go with the Rex mufflers. But damnnnn...... they are pricey.

RP1
    I still dont know if I should change over. I have a 496 HO that idles below the water line and it quiet. It obviously gets louder while running. But, should I take a chance or no? If so, I will go with Rex or HPI.
    I wonder how the law reads... while in motion it will be difficult for them to guage your noise level. If so, I'm in the same situation as you :cry:

riverbum
    I have not heard of HPI. Do you know how they all compare?

Duck
    Have a set of Gatlins on the floor waiting for dull winter day to change. On the Daytona the bottom of the tips are just above the water. Like the look.

CrazyHippy
    None :crossx:
    Mercury 2.5... :boxed:
    BJH

riverbum
    Have a set of Gatlins on the floor waiting for dull winter day to change. On the Daytona the bottom of the tips are just above the water. Like the look.
    I have seen Gatlins on a cat and liked the look also. I have been told on a new boat install Gatlin is the way to go.

Kim Hanson
    won't be long before they go after you guys
    Im loud already, still haven't bothered me...yet! Ohh ya, this is Canada :wink: .........( . )( . )..............

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast