Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting season is open

spectratoad
    Damn, what is this world coming too.
    BIRCHWOOD, Wis. - A dispute among deer hunters over a tree stand in northwestern Wisconsin erupted Sunday in a series of shootings that left five people dead and three others injured, officials said.
    Jake Hodgkinson, a deputy at the county jail, identified the suspect as Chai Vang but would give no additional details. Several news organizations in Minneapolis-St. Paul reported the suspect was 36-years-old and from St. Paul.
    The incident happened when two hunters were returning to their rural cabin on private land in Sawyer County and saw the suspect in one of their tree stands, County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. A confrontation and shooting followed.
    ItÂ’s not known who shot first, Zeigle said.
    Both men were wounded and one of them radioed back to the cabin. Other hunters responded and were shot, he said. Some of the victims may have shot back at the suspect, Zeigle said.
    The suspect was “sniping” at the victims with a SKS assault-style rifle, Zeigle said. He was “chasing after them and killing them,” he said.
    The dead included four males, including a teenage boy, and a woman, Zeigle said. The man who radioed for help was not fatally wounded. Some of the victims were shot more than once.
    All five were dead when officers arrived, he said.
    Authorities found two bodies near each other and the other three were scattered around the area, which is near Town of Meteor in southwestern Sawyer County. Two people who stayed in the cabin emerged safely after the shootings.
    The suspect, who did not have a compass, got lost in the woods and two other hunters, not knowing the man was being sought in the shootings, helped him find his way out, Zeigle said. When he emerged from the woods, a Department of Natural Resources officer recognized the deer license on his back, given to police by a victim, Zeigle said.
    The man was out of bullets when they arrested him, Zeigle said.
    One of the injured hunters was in critical condition at St. JosephÂ’s Hospital. Another was listed in serious condition and the third was in fair condition, both at Lakeview Medical Center.
    WisconsinÂ’s statewide deer gun hunting season started Saturday and lasts for nine days.
    Bill Wagner, 72, of Oshkosh, was about two miles away near Deer Lake with a party of about 20 other hunters. He said the incident was “very upsetting.”
    After they got word of a shooting, he and others went to round up the rest of the party. He said they heard sirens, planes and helicopters and noticed the surrounding roads blocked off.
    “When you’re hunting you don’t expect somebody to try to shoot you and murder you,” he said. “You have no idea who is coming up to you.”
    The incident wonÂ’t stop their hunt, he said.
    “We’re all old, dyed-in-wool hunters,” he said. “We wouldn’t go home because of this but we will keep it in our minds. We’re not forgetting it.”
    © 2004 The Associated Press.

Kilrtoy
    That was some messed up shit, But damn hunting with a SKS,for the lay man that is an AK -47

clownpuncher
    That was some messed up shit, But damn hunting with a SKS,for the lay man that is an AK -47
    Made for the USSR, 7.62x39, sightable to almost 1000 meters, deadly at 1500 meters.
    I heard it makes a distinct sound when fired upon you

ONAROLL
    Made for the USSR, 7.62x39, sightable to almost 1000 meters, deadly at 1500 meters.
    Flagg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tolerable to 300 worthless at 600........hosedraggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sheesh .........Vic

clownpuncher
    Flagg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tolerable to 300 worthless at 600........hosedraggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sheesh .........Vic
    I'm wrong? Shit, that's the second time this year
    Guess I must have it confused with something else

Kilrtoy
    Like nothing US AMERICANS ARE USED TOO, unless you work the ghetto

ONAROLL
    When I was a kid we used to skin deer at the house on the corner of San Jose and Catalina, it used to freak the whole neighborhood out, I was raised in Palm Desert.............Vic

clownpuncher
    When I was a kid we used to skin deer at the house on the corner of San Jose and Catalina, it used to freak the whole neighborhood out, I was raised in Palm Desert.............Vic
    No shit? How long ago did you leave?
    BTW, the ak's in palm desert are good to 1000 meters. You know, high end n all. That must be the discrepency in our tech info

ONAROLL
    [QUOTE=clownpuncher]No shit? How long ago did you leave?
    BTW, the ak's in palm desert are good to 1000 meters. You know, high end n all. That must be the discrepency in our tech info [/QUOTE
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, been, gone along time, been back a few times it was a great place to be a kid, groves everywhere......I love the desert........and my first girlfriends...............

RiverKitty
    I just heard it on the news.
    That is so sad.
    Trying to enjoy your weekend then come home in a bodybag.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast