Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hunting season is open

miller19j
    Yea it is a 257 Roberts case necked down then fire formed in the chamber. When formed it has the same powder capacity as a 30-06 case. The extra powder and long barrel really pay off in velocity. It has a pretty flat trajectory as well.

schiada96
    Yea it is a 257 Roberts case necked down then fire formed in the chamber. When formed it has the same powder capacity as a 30-06 case. The extra powder and long barrel really pay off in velocity. It has a pretty flat trajectory as well.
    I have thought about rechambering my 6mm to a sharp shoulder case
    but I don't shoot enough anymore to justify it. I have to drive way out to kern county out hwy 33 to shoot without any jackasses around too far to go to shoot.

miller19j
    IÂ’m pretty fortunate in that regard I have a 100 yard range right on our property. Actually I have shot Pigs, Deer, and Coyotes from my garage.
    For a while I was building custom varmint rifles and was really into it. But now I hardly ever shoot anymore. Wildcats are great if your are trying to squeeze every last bit of velocity out of a rifle. But they are a pain to deal with. I wouldnÂ’t change yours unless you want to spend a lot of time at the reloading bench.
    That Sako of yours is a nice gun I have a Sako in 22K Hornet it is one of my favorite rifles.

badbrad
    the longest shot i made was at over 3000 meters and i have a witness...

schiada96
    the longest shot i made was at over 3000 meters and i have a witness...
    What did you hit a mountain.
    lol

badbrad
    no, i actually shot a telephone pole in half....

schiada96
    no, i actually shot a telephone pole in half....
    Ok I'm game what were you shooting with

badbrad
    ok you got me a m242 25mm bushmaster chain gun using HEIT rounds...i

Taylorman
    your not going to group for shit at any range with any firearm with factory loads as compaired to hand loads . yeh you can hit your mark at 500+ yards with factory ammunition but can you consistantly stack 5 or more rounds in a dime at that range like I can with hand load .270s ? hell no ! I'de bet you dollars on your pennies you can't !
    I own several firearms that I hand load for including a Vanguard .270 that I still have the factory spec targets that were shiped with it when I ordered it from Weatherby more than 20 years ago. regardless of the of who made it or where you think you may heve seen it . Weatherby is stamped on it . and thats a hell of a note better than a Wal-Mart Marlin . I dont have any problem finding 160gr. ballistic tip .270 bullets maybe you need to look more and play keyboard Rambo less .
    C.T. fired that shot :wink: I'm back out !
    I guess that would be up to interprtation as to what you say is not grouping for shit. I hunt, im not a target shooter. That being said, i don't expect a gun to shoot 5 rounds in a dime at 500 yds, which I call bullshit on by the way. 1 MOA groups are just fine for me and my factory loaded ammo. I don't have time to handload, im always working on my boat or hunting. You would probably laugh if i told you what my primary deer rifle is and you would probably say that it can not "group for shit" but i'll say it anyway. I shoot a Browning BAR .270 and i shoot Winchester 130g ballistic silvertips. It shoot 1" groups at 100 yds all day long which is just fine for hunting. I elk hunt with a Remington 700 SS BDL in 7mm and Reminton ammo with the 150g Swift Scirroco (?spelling). It will shoot pretty good for factory ammo, about 1" at 200 yds. Ive killed 10 elk with it and love it.
    Regarding the 160 g 270 bullets, what i meant was they are not available in a factory load by the major manufacturers. Why would you shoot such a big bullet in a 270 anyway. I don't even shoot a 160 in my 7mm.
    I was just jerking your chain about the Vanguard. It really is not made by Weatherby. Its made by Howa. Still a decent gun i guess. Ive never owned one.
    That Sako of yours is a nice gun I have a Sako in 22K Hornet it is one of my favorite rifles.
    Sako's are my favorite bolt action rifle. I used to have one in 300 Weatherby. Holy shit that think kicked. I had it Magna Ported and would still kick my ass. Stepped down to a 7MM.
    What did you hit a mountain.
    lol

badbrad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast