Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change the name of this board to Trash Talk????

rivercrazy
    IMO. If this "Jet Talk" board is going to be primarily trash talk, I think the name should be changed to just that.
    Trash talk is not limited to those who choose a jetdrive for the propulsion choice. Hell, a pretty substantial percentage of those who visit and post here are not jet drive owners.

HammerDown
    Sad but true! As I stated before...I've never seen anything like this anywhere but here. Ya have to dig or read thru ten lbs. of crap to find that one diamond.

beached1
    I agree, it gives the Jets a bad rap.

HammerDown
    Originally posted by beached1:
    I agree, it gives the Jets a bad rap.
    Beached...I don't think it gives Jet Boats a bad name. Just this jet forum...no need to name names...they know who they are, they just can't let it go, always have to add fuel to the fire....and really, its not good reading. Just baby bull shit.

beached1
    I disagree with you there Hammer. If someone were to come into this forum to learn about jet boats before making their purchase, some posts in here would lead them to believe that alot of us are immature, inbred, racist, bigots. I am by no means an angel in here either. I happen to enjoy reading the "Slowboat" and "Chet vs. The USA" threads. But people making references such as "Jigs" "Nigga" or posting how someone is going to kick someones ass and F his girlfriend for example is a bit much.

beached1
    I guess It would make more sense if I said, it doesn't give Jet boats a bad name but it does give Jet boaters a bad name.

future boater
    i realised that i was as bad if not worst than other people so i am retired.

RiverDave2
    To play devils advocate here a little bit..
    How much fun would it be if everything was just straight "tech" talk? I too personally enjoy and occasionally taking part in a bit of humor so long as it's in good or even ok taste. It's nice to see some of wit and creativity that goes along with a good flame. The trick is though not to get personal.
    I'm not sure why they split it into two sections, other then some wanted straight "tech" and others like to "socialize" a bit on the board.. Being that the WORST flames that have taken place in here have ALL been amongst jet boaters I personally find the name "fitting." Maybe if we all grew up a little bit and bought some props? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited May 09, 2002).]

rivercrazy
    Perhaps we should tally how many non jet owners have been involved in flaming in the Jet Board?
    [This message has been edited by rivercrazy (edited May 09, 2002).]

RiverDave2
    Well my vote would be to have a Banner across the top of the jet forum saying
    "Silly Boaters, jets are for Kids" but you don't hear me rantin and raving about it do ya?
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    RD <--- Just joking guys.. Don't get your impellers all "rev'd up" about it. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited May 09, 2002).]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast