Thread: Covers

Where can i purchase a good outside boat cover? I need somthing that is water proof and will hold up good outside. The tarp i have now just isnt working very well, it's tearing, filling with water and it seams like everytime i go check on the boat i find a new mark and the boat just keeps getting filthy. I think i may cry the next time i find a new mark. :cry:
    I searched google, found tones of places but i want to know whats working for you guys. I dont want to spend a ton on a cover if i dont have to. I hope to move to a new house with a deeper garage with in the next year and when the happens the boat will be back in the garage.
    Thanks.

1Bahnerjet
    Custom made the Best but $$$
    Overtons has some fair one's for about $200.

Nucking futs
    Kmart / walmart about 100 bucks.I bought one to cover my custom cover and it works great.

Actually i have one on the boat now but it was for my car i used to have and it only covers the bow. It's made my wolf automotive if i recall correctly and the think works great, keep water out but the material kinda gets moist. I was thinkin of going to cosco and seeing if they had one for like a bus/truck/dolley.

Squirtin Thunder
    K-Mart sell a pritty nice cover !!!
    The best are custom made.
    Jim

BarryMac
    Overtons has some fair one's for about $200.
    Yeap, check www.overtons.com
    gjb

moneysucker
    I use K mart covers. Wal Mart has mostly stopped selling the size you need. Wall mart size you need is a 5. K mart size is an E. a D size will fit tight but won't cover your pump and cables are affected by sun bad. I use these covers on my boats and they last at least a year close to 2 before losing most of their water proofing.

a friend purchased one for me (he has my old one) from overtons for 199.00
    this thing is waterproof, but if it sits out in the rain and the sun comes out, it will get pretty moist inside!(breathable)
    the boat sat outside during the last big rain storm,....not a drop of water inside just a bit of condensation on the motor! (my fault, the sun came out!!)
    todd

Squirtin Thunder
    a friend purchased one for me (he has my old one) from overtons for 199.00
    this thing is waterproof, but if it sits out in the rain and the sun comes out, it will get pretty moist inside!(breathable)
    the boat sat outside during the last big rain storm,....not a drop of water inside just a bit of condensation on the motor! (my fault, the sun came out!!)
    todd
    Well I use a standard cover and then I put my big protective water repelant one over the bows and rails and dry as can be in the snow huricans and will protect it from a falling tree. Long story ..
    Jim

helter skelter
    The advantage to using the Wal-Mart/K-Mart style is...
    TOP FIVE REASONS FOR Wal-K-Mart COVERS...
    1. They're cheap
    2. Water resistant
    3. Fancy covers often are invitations for crackheads and tweakers to "take a peek" inside and see what's good in there. (SOB got a good look at the barrel of a 30-06)
    4. Did I mention that they're cheap and water resistant?
    5. Just needed to add another here so as to round out the top five list.