Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather vs. Cloth intereiors

nodigg
    Oaky, since I am already pissin' people off today, why is friggin' leather so popular in truck cabs? You sweat your ass off when its hot, it stains easily, tears and punctures, its COLD in the winter, it doesn't breath,(well the REALLY expensive stuff does....the only positive I can think of is that it smells nicer when its new. So I am biased. It is HARD to find a new truck with cloth! What am I missing here? Cloth is about one in fifty these days. Somebody tell me the logic behind this. Luxury cars I can understand maybe, but in a truck!?

IN2MX
    Oaky, since I am already pissin' people off today, why is friggin' leather so popular in truck cabs? You sweat your ass off when its hot, it stains easily, tears and punctures, its COLD in the winter, it doesn't breath,(well the REALLY expensive stuff does....the only positive I can think of is that it smells nicer when its new. So I am biased. It is HARD to find a new truck with cloth! What am I missing here? Cloth is about one in fifty these days. Somebody tell me the logic behind this. Luxury cars I can understand maybe, but in a truck!?
    Easy clean-up.

Bre
    Makes it easier to cleanup when one of my kids spills their drink in the backseat.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I agree easy clean up when you are a plumber and you have kids..

Performance 19
    We always get leather. Still have a '94 chevy with leather, no stains, always got in wet at the river, no tears or punctues either. Because it is natural, I guess, never sweat in summer. Seat heaters for winter if it's that bad. Truck shopping 3 weeks ago, and almost all had cloth. Just my opinion.

Havasu Hangin'
    I agree easy clean up when you are a plumber and you have kids..
    ...or if you are not a plumber and have kids...
    My buddy's cloth Sub stunk like stale milk...and he couldn't get it out. :supp:

MRS FLYIN VEE
    ...or if you are not a plumber and have kids...
    My buddy's cloth Sub stunk like stale milk...and he couldn't get it out. :supp:
    LOL!! stale milk Yeah right.. that's what he told you.. LOL!! :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
    LOL!! stale milk Yeah right.. that's what he told you.. LOL!! :idea:
    No kidding...I had to ride with the damn windows down. It reminded me of that Seinfeld episode..
    Can you say, "trade-in"?

MRS FLYIN VEE
    No kidding...I had to ride with the damn windows down. It reminded me of that Seinfeld episode..
    Can you say, "trade-in"?
    stale milk is very hard to get out(smell) we had cloth one time and traded it in because I could keep it clean with baby bottles full of milk falling between the seats. :jawdrop:

miller19j
    All this leather talk is getting me aroused!
    Miller(Has been a Bad Boy)19j

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast