Thread: A NEW CA TAX : Grocery Bag's @ .17 ea * SERIOUSLY *

carbonmarine
    California's Latest Nutty Attack on Poor People
    The elitist eco-hypocrites of San Francisco have a new weapon in their never-ending attack on poor people: Now they want to tax grocery bags at 17 cents a pop.
    "The measure is primarily being pushed by environmentalists who view plastic grocery bags as a menace, not as a modern marvel of convenience," USA Today reported today.
    Of course, 17 cents a bag won't mean anything to the Lexus leftists, but it's just another slap in the face of those who already struggle to scrape by in the expensive city in the expensive state.
    "Folks take the free plastic bag for granted," sniffed Mark Murray of Californians Against Waste, which supports the scheme.
    However, the fee "is an incredible amount of money to a consumer," noted Paul Smith of California Grocers Association. "Before you know it, that's an extra dollar to your food bill every time you go shopping

Havasu_Dreamin
    This type of B.S has got to stop! What's next, tax us based on the number of breaths we take each day! GD, phuckin, pinko commmies!

oldbuck40
    just dont use them,,take the grub out to your car in the basket and unload it,they will look at you like wtf??? you dont have to give them your $$$$$
    screw em!!!!

Dr. Eagle
    This type of B.S has got to stop! What's next, tax us based on the number of breaths we take each day! GD, phuckin, pinko commmies!
    Important note.... it is a fee. Fees don't need the 66% vote that a tax does. Look for a lot more of this kind of crap... :sqeyes:

Ziggy
    In Europe, its commonplace to come with your own bag...most people have those canvas type handbags.
    But conversely its not common to have a big supermarket either where you shop and come home with 25 bags of groceries.
    Where will it end? we will tax and fee our people to bankruptcy....no common sense I tell ya, none. :frown:

westcoastcat
    Why don't they all just NOT give out bags like Costco and Sam's?

oldbuck40
    Important note.... it is a fee. Fees don't need the 66% vote that a tax does. Look for a lot more of this kind of crap... :sqeyes:you say it's a fee! they cannot impose a fee on you if you dont use them,and if they charge you at the store then deduct it from the bill and walk out. what are they going to do arrest you. they are the one's stealing from you. thats kinda like the electric company saying they estimated your bill at 2000.00 last month.they did it to me,and i told them to go to hell i wasnt paying it but i would pay the fair amount...nothing ever came of it... stand up out there and tell them to kiss your @ZZ or they will keep stepin on your toes.