Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJBA river racer

Fiat48
    I see at the NJBA website that one can join the association for $100 and run all events in the River Racer class for $75 per event.
    Is this a "dial in" class with staggered starting or how does this class work? Nothing about it in the rule book I could find.

Bob,
    I don't know the index that the river racer class runs, But I think you will need a really big pully for the top.

The way it seems is that you just make test and tune passes but I'm not really sure.

scottys
    I ran it for the time slips, setting boat up,and cutting the lights.Some them boys were running pretty respectable numbers.Sorta like the run what ya brung drag strips.

Squirtin Thunder
    I ran it for the time slips, setting boat up,and cutting the lights.Some them boys were running pretty respectable numbers.Sorta like the run what ya brung drag strips.
    Yah !! that is a clas that can be run one to see if you like the whole deal of racing, a very good way to set up a boat, and to learn how your boat reacts, and to get your dail in.
    And yes its totally cool !!!
    Jim
    BTW - I plan on running River Racer allseason if time permits

Fiat48
    I just thought if they were running the class all year that maybe they planned on kinda running for time slips on Saturday and then letting the guys pick a dial in on Sunday, giving them a staggered tree and letting them go. Be more interesting for the spectator also. Maybe they don't have staggered tree capability tho.
    The guys in the class could have a lot of fun that way. Pass the hat among the racers and come up with a little purse for the winner. Case of beer or whatever.

Squirtin Thunder
    I just thought if they were running the class all year that maybe they planned on kinda running for time slips on Saturday and then letting the guys pick a dial in on Sunday, giving them a staggered tree and letting them go. Be more interesting for the spectator also. Maybe they don't have staggered tree capability tho.
    The guys in the class could have a lot of fun that way. Pass the hat among the racers and come up with a little purse for the winner. Case of beer or whatever.
    Acording to Willis that would have to be between the racers not the NJBA. I thank the NJBA for alowing the River Racer class. I reminds me of the old run what ya brung drags .
    And as a way to make it even easeir for this all the RR would have to all set up in one area. This would one make it easeir for the colletion of funds but it would also help us keep our area clean. And this would help NJBA keep the class. And we could see what everyone is doing and help eachother better.
    Just my $ .02
    Jim

wifey gave me the OK as of next year!

Squirtin Thunder
    I can see it now Glasboy vs Fordboy !!!!
    Smoken !!!
    Jim

wifey gave me the OK as of next year!
    Niiiice... Let me know if you need gear, i know of some stuff just lying around till they get their new boats built.Or the Lifeline rental thing is an option.
    fiat, RR is a real laid back deal, you just pay 75/race, with a one time $100 membership fee. You will get a minimum of 4 runs usually 2 per day, you may get more if the program is slow.Njba doesnt have a staggered tree so that whole dial in/staggered deal wont work.You can pick who you want to race if you like.
    for 75 bucks you really cant beat it,and youll have a blast doing it, i did it 3 times, and had lots of fun, im going to try my luck in the 9 second bracket and try to make every race.
    Its all i think about anymore. :notam:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast