Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computer Guru's...............

Kachina26
    Now about the noisy muffler bearings...
    The 94 Mazda 929 actually had a non servicable muffler bushing. I kid you not! There was a cable actuated butterfly valve in the muffler to "tune" the muffler while driving. This valve was seated in a bushing. Amaze your friends with that little tid bit.
    Now about rotating the air in your tires.............

Unforgiven
    Hey you two enough! Mrs.R277 :wink:
    oh see how you are....your not that way when you PM me!!!

Mrs.Racer277
    oh see how you are....your not that way when you PM me!!!
    :supp: :supp: That was our little secret! :hammer2: :hammer2:

Unforgiven
    :supp: :supp: That was our little secret! :hammer2: :hammer2:
    secret??? everyone on the forums KNOWS about our secret...

Mrs.Racer277
    secret??? everyone on the forums KNOWS about our secret...
    YIKES! :jawdrop:

Unforgiven
    I'm going home call me later...we'll discuss our secret... :boxingguy

Mrs.Racer277
    The 94 Mazda 929 actually had a non servicable muffler bushing. I kid you not! There was a cable actuated butterfly valve in the muffler to "tune" the muffler while driving. This valve was seated in a bushing. Amaze your friends with that little tid bit.
    Now about rotating the air in your tires.............
    Ha ha, that is funny.
    Now that you point that out, most perf. streetbikes use some type of exhaust valve to vary the volume. I bet for the same reason.
    Worked at an independent m/c shop in a former life. Killed me every time a manual suggest for electrical parts tests to"replace with known good unit". I envied you dealer guys. It must be even worse for the independent car guys now, with all the computer crap.
    We ran with you some at the ATDR, we were with SocalHD and wife in "Blessed".
    Beautiful Kachina you have, maybe someday in the future for us, they make such stunning boats.
    R277

Kachina26
    We ran with you some at the ATDR, we were with SocalHD and wife in "Blessed".
    Beautiful Kachina you have, maybe someday in the future for us, they make such stunning boats.
    R277
    I met SocalHD for lunch in Calimesa a few weeks ago, great guy. We love our Kachina.

BajaMike
    I think I fixed something OK, I don't know the nomenclature of the machine so I'm gonna talk like one of my customers. There is only one place for the "ribbon" cable, so I think it's right. However, there are 2 places for the other 3 wire cable (don't know wtf it is) I figured what am I gonna do break the broken machine that was given to me? So I plugged it in the other spot, restarted the machine and when it said press the anykey to continue , it actually continued. (whoopie!) So anyway, it is now reformatting the drive and reloading windows xp. I hope this works. Once I get this figured out, maybe you can teach me how to fdisk my old PII HP. It won't let me . Another story for another day. I'll let you know how this pans out.
    Sounds like you have it figured out....but just in case:
    Here is a good link to help u in making a boot disk...
    Making a Boot Disk (http://www.computerhope.com/boot.htm#71)
    When I want to wipe a hard drive clean, I do the following:
    1.) Boot to the "a:" drive with a good boot disk.
    2.) At the a:, type "fdisk /mbr" (no quotes) and press "enter". This wipes out the old Master Boot Record.
    3.) Type "fdisk", press "enter", and follow the directions to delete any partitions on the "c:" drive.
    4.) Follow the directions to create a new partition on the "c:" drive.
    5.) Reboot to the "a:" drive again with the boot disk. Type "format c:" to format the "c:" drive.
    6.) Now boot with the Windows XP CD in, and install the new operating system.
    Good luck..... :wink:

Phat Matt
    Screw computers. I have been working on Jen's Dad's pc since we got here last night about 6pm. This thing was infested with spyware, malware and viruses. It was ready for a bullet to put it out of it's misery. I finally got it fixed just a little bit ago. It's running pretty good now but, THEY STILL ONLY HAVE DIAL-UP!!! :yuk: Downloading upodates and fixes were a pain after I was finally able to even get online.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast