Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dave Aggressor lets put your parts to the test!

racingrascal
    Hello Dave. I have been following the "?" thread here and every other thread that ChetCapoli starts with HBjet. I called John West at Ultra boats yesterday to see if he would do this for me and he said sure. This is what I would like to do....... If your parts are so superior (Im not doughting you). Send a bowl, "ss" impeller, and what every other part you would like to prove to these two guys and the rest of us. I am building a 2002 19' Ultra Shadow with 1,000 hp. We will try my Berkley parts and your Aggressor parts, one after the other, with GPS and a Stoker Radar gun. We will then put these figures Acceleration, top speed, time to plan, etc on charts and graphs with rpm and speed. So what do you say? What do you have to loose? Then once and for all one of these guys will be right and this will be over. And the rest of us will know how each performed. And hell maybe my boat will be a little faster. Let me know we are waiting. Thank You,
    Andy
    [This message has been edited by racingrascal (edited January 24, 2002).]

racingrascal
    BTW Dave here is a pic of my boat, just in case you were wondering whether I was blowing smoke. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001704.html
    Andy
    [This message has been edited by racingrascal (edited January 24, 2002).]

beached1
    your butt's not going to be in this picture is it?
    JK
    No seriously, great idea RR. This could clear up all the talk.

Dimarco Kid
    Golf Clap for Andy! I was wondering when someone was going to offer that! Good one Andy!
    I say do it! I'm not a jet guy, but kinda tired of hearing all about this.
    D Kid
    P.S. Jesus, that's a nice lookin' boat!

flat broke
    Andy,
    Just to be clear, both bowl and impeller combinations would be in "from the factory" form? I'm glad you offered your boat for benchmarking. Since its brand new, there wont be any bs about setup favoring one over the other etc. If you need any help swapping bowls etc,and plan on running the evaluations on a weekend. Let me know. I'd love to get an article on this one.
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

Blown509Liberator
    Andy
    I already did it with a 500 hp motor. It can be seen here http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/BBSO.html . This was just the bowl test. I re-did the test with an Aggessor A impeller and the speed where the same but with 200-300 more rpms from the Aggessor impeller over the Legend. I got flamed big time for this but i dont care it was real world with a real lake boat. I have not done the test with the bigger (850hp) motor. I will once I get all dialed in. Still no work has been done to any of the bowls. I hope Dave steps up and let this test Run. Also i would like to see Amt and CP step and do the same.
    MikeW
    MikeW
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited January 24, 2002).]

AGGRESSOR JETS
    Rascal-I did pick up on your offer- see other thread - I miss placed it in the wrong thread- I think this will be a good place and way- P/S I Called Tom Papp to represent our set up you can bring Jack- I will bring our newest Designed 7 & 9 Vanes - No Free walk if we win!

miller killer
    I am very impressed with aggressor and tom papp,my boat is going to tom papps shop next week to get set up,ill donate my natural aspirated 14-1 565ci and my 19 foot edge stealth just to keep you guys from talking so much shit.i have had very good luck with aggressor,i know alot of people who have,my friend darren whittington had improvements on every aggressor part he put on his boat,he has the numbers from the track to prove it.

RiverDave2
    I don't understand what changing the impellers and bowls would accomplish.. I don't think the results would hold true boat to boat. The only way to measure the "efficiency" (or lack there of http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif) would be to measure Thrust. I know when there R&D'ing jetski's they more or less put them in a swimming pool at a marked distance and then gauge the amount of thrust the pump puts out by use of a pressure plate. It would seem to me that the Ride Plate angle etc.. etc.. would have alot to do with the performance of the boat, where as you guys are trying to settle which is the better pump. Anyone have this setup for testing the pump on a boat?
    RD

Dimarco Kid
    Anybody know who Evrey Body is? This guy just got smoked by miller killer! (according to his profile) I thought it was misspelled, but I know miller killer doesn't beat EVERYBODY, so I wonder who that guy is? LOL
    D Kid

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast