Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nacimiento Impressions

Waist Deep
    Well, we made it back from seeing our friends who moved to oak shores permanently in the spring and had a blast. They always said it was nice there, and it actually was a little more refreshing than the river. Anyone else here own a place there or are there any negatives besides being somewhat isolated once youre there.

redneckgirl
    We love Naci!!!!! The biggest downfall is way to many wakeboard boats :squiggle:
    RNG

Darrell's Bro
    Well, we made it back from seeing our friends who moved to oak shores permanently in the spring and had a blast. They always said it was nice there, and it actually was a little more refreshing than the river. Anyone else here own a place there or are there any negatives besides being somewhat isolated once youre there.
    The isolation has never felt like a negative to me; just the opposite, but that's a personal preferance. I've owned a property there for a few years in an area less developed than Oak Shores. The water level fluctuations are the main negative factor for me. The place is beautiful when the water level is up but looks totally different when there has been a drought.
    Are you going back up there?

Waist Deep
    I definintely will be going back soon. We would like to ditch our place in Blythe and buy up there, but, being in the waterproofing business down here provides quite a bit more $ than I see could be made there. Point being, I would love to move away from this shi# permanently.

Brooski
    We love Naci!!!!! The biggest downfall is way to many wakeboard boats :squiggle:
    RNG
    Yeah, what she said!!!! :shift:

Darrell's Bro
    I definintely will be going back soon. We would like to ditch our place in Blythe and buy up there, but, being in the waterproofing business down here provides quite a bit more $ than I see could be made there. Point being, I would love to move away from this shi# permanently.
    We are doing some construction and might be in need of some waterproofing. If you're heading back up there, let me know. I might be interested in trading services for a place to stay.
    Even if you're not interested in doing a job up there, check in when you might be going back to Nacimiento. I'll be there a lot over the next couple months.
    As to selling Blythe and buying Naci, I've not been to Blythe so I don't have a good feel for if property values are similar. But the best "deal" at Nacimiento are the boat clubs. For +/- 50-60k you can get a lot (you don't actually own the dirt) that you can build on.
    Private property/lot value (Oak Shores/Heritage Ranch) starts in the 3's. Larger individual parcels can be over a million; then you still need to build a home.
    I looked for lake front property a long time before buying at Nacimiento. I've never regretted my decision to buy.

Waist Deep
    If you're in need of waterproofing, I'll quote it and be about the most competitive around and do it right Just to get a foot in the door. Our friends bought on Rough Road in Oak Shores and to be honest, I could see the family moving up there as I think you could probaby raise a decent kid in that environment. I'll pm ya with some info and thanks!

Darrell's Bro
    If you're in need of waterproofing, I'll quote it and be about the most competitive around and do it right Just to get a foot in the door. Our friends bought on Rough Road in Oak Shores and to be honest, I could see the family moving up there as I think you could probaby raise a decent kid in that environment. I'll pm ya with some info and thanks!
    There's going to be a lot of development on that side of the lake over the next few years. Property on both sides of Oak Shores are being parceled up by two different developers. Plans are underway for a new fire station near Oak Shores and I think there's a new elementary school at Heritage Ranch.
    I don't know the developer doing the project east of Oak Shores but I've heard it will be a couple hundred lots. Immediatly west of O.S. are +/- 200 lots being parceled in the Cantinas Creek area. Should be lots of buying opprotunities over the next few years. Also sounds like lots of work to be done out there.
    If you are seriously considering moving to that area, you should talk with some of the people on these boards. Several that I know live and work in the greater Paso area. Nice area.

Waist Deep
    Alright, advice taken. Here it is, I am serious about moving the family to the Lake Naciemento area as soon as I can assure myself I can provide for the family in that area. Any info would be appreciated from the board. Thanks

Red Eye
    RNG
    I'm not trying to stir the pot, but why is this a negative? I've never had any problems up there, but you go there a lot more then I.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast