Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The great Wear Ring Debate

WheelerDealer
    After going to Hi-Techperformance and looking at the "Ultimate Wear Ring" that Duane designed and brought to the market I personally thought it was the cat's meow. I am just curious why someone would choose to run the older style wear ring/insulator combo? By no means am I a pump expert nor would I ever claim to be, so I would like to hear what others think about the currently available wear ring set ups, which do you prefer, and why?

Squirtin Thunder
    I have no idea !!!
    I have a brand new stainless wear ring that was machined to my impeller By Jack@MPD.
    Now I have been asked many time why I went that way all I can say is that is what Jack recomended for my app.
    Jim

WheelerDealer
    Did Jack at MPD discuss the different wear ring styles with you, or does he use stainless on everything? I know Jack is one of the best out there.

Squirtin Thunder
    I asked him what he recomended.

mud duck
    I believe Dominator pumps can/should use the wear rings made for them, with the extra large lip. Berkely pumps do not require the extra large lip. However, I have used HTP's Ultimate Wear Ring in both style pumps.

Squirtin Thunder
    Well I just called Jack and the reson why he recomends the stainless is life. In the silty sandy river conditions the stainless just out lasts the other by far. He said that the deep lakes those plasic things work just fine.
    So now you know !!!
    Jim

WheelerDealer
    Squirtin Thunder originally posted..
    Well I just called Jack and the reson why he recomends the stainless is life. In the silty sandy river conditions the stainless just out lasts the other by far. He said that the deep lakes those plasic things work just fine.
    Now that is service! S T got on the phone, called the man and got us an answer! Thanks!

spectras only
    Back in the old days berkeley used non lipped S/S wear rings with insulator.The impellers wore out before the wear rings. Why they call it wear rings then :idea: .I use the bronze shouldered wear rings .It's cheaper than the impeller to replace . Just my opinion

Bense468
    I use the bronze as well. Heard the plastic ones don't hold up so well in blythe. Just depends on how often you want to tear her all down I guess.

Squirtin Thunder
    Back in the old days berkeley used non lipped S/S wear rings with insulator.The impellers wore out before the wear rings. Why they call it wear rings then :idea: .I use the bronze shouldered wear rings .It's cheaper than the impeller to replace . Just my opinion
    Thats what I have now

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast