Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The best of both worlds? My new flattbottom?

Or maybe the worst of both worlds, but either way, a flatbottom jet will be cool. 1966 Stevens, FE motor and Berk. Don't look for it to get out of it's own way any time soon.
    http://www.roostwear.com/email/stevensflat.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
    Does that boat have 3 on the tree ??? What is that thing on the helm ???

maxwedge
    What is that thing on the helm ???
    My guess would be a redneck ski tow made from an old bow saw. What do I win if I'm right? Opps... I was looking at the engine. That thing on the steering hub is obviously a collum mount diverter handle
    Cool boat by the way, don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't a V-drive, at least not in person anyway.

IMPATIENT 1
    nope looks like turn signal,lol. cool ass boat!

Squirtin Thunder
    That ski tow looks evil !!!
    Road Warriors left over.

It's the ST control.
    We did them like that on the first handful of Advantage jet partycats too back in the late 80's.
    pretty cool find Mike. I haven't come across that article on the first Stevens jet, but on the other hand you never said if you wanted it or not.

I didn't get back with you cuz I didn't want to waste your time if it didn't happen. Still isn't a done deal, but it's close. Actually, I double checked and it's 1969, so it's a whole 3 years newer! Now if I can just swap the motor from the Mustang, it may just move! This one will be the "show" boat since it won't be used as much as the Advantage. Being on the trailer must come from it's flatbottom v-drive roots.

Squirtin Thunder
    Being on the trailer must come from it's flatbottom v-drive roots.
    Now thats too funny !!!

460 jus getn it
    I didn't get back with you cuz I didn't want to waste your time if it didn't happen. Still isn't a done deal, but it's close. Actually, I double checked and it's 1969, so it's a whole 3 years newer! Now if I can just swap the motor from the Mustang, it may just move! This one will be the "show" boat since it won't be used as much as the Advantage. Being on the trailer must come from it's flatbottom v-drive roots.. i dont care who you are thats funny right there.

DUNDUN
    I've always wondered about flatbottom squirters.. how do they handle? dont understand how they can get on plane and still keep the jet in the water. enlighten me.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast