Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally HOME!!!!!!!! GIHUGIC THANK YOUS

Just got back from the two week road trip. Started off at the World Finals in Phx and ended in Needles. The TAF did not go very well. We blew up 3 motors and then to top it off, kicked the rods out of the truck. It wasn't for a lack of effort by everyone on the team. The crew worked their asses off to make the next round. 4am on Sunday morning the last motor we have is fired up and everyone goes back to the room get a couple hours of sleep before first round. We got by first round but went out in the second when the motor seized at 3/4 track. I just want to thank Kevin Felkins, Sonny Hernandez, Sean Barnes, Bill Barnes, Scott Shnabel, Caleb Brady, Bob Ferrill and Kenny Kramer for all their hard work this year.
    The K-5 was the most fun I have ever had with clothes on. Our crew consisted of Billy B, Jerry and Jim Griffin, Craig Kinnaman (Flat Stupid) Matt Fisher, Wayne Herbert (Dossangers), Caleb Brady, and Joe Dirt (Seth Brady). Never a moment of stress just fun from start to finish. Every one of these guys assumed a role on the team and the weekend went flawlessly. After the we learned that the boat was only getting a half inch of down we made the changes and got an inch and a half. It made the boat a lot more manageable.
    A huge THANK YOU goes out to Flat Stupid for his sponsorship in Phoenix. Craig stepped up and sponsored the K-5 and the TAF535. it was a very generous sponsorship to say the least. To add to it, he wouldn't let me buy dinner. Craig, thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated. We enjoyed your and Matt's company and you guys are welcome anytime.
    If anyone ever made it to our pit, all you would see and hear is a bunch of guys laughing and having a great time. Jim Anderson (126 Driver) made it by and served up some excellent Carne Asada. He sounds much taller on the internet.
    UCLAHATER made up the awesome shirts and sold every last one of them. I wish he would have made more because we would have sold them.
    Billy B was my crew chief and the dude got the boat running bad ass. Wayne was as excited about the races as I was. Hopefully we can get him out there.
    We had the "Who's Who" of K boat racing in our pit. At one point we had Jullian Pettengill, Gordy Jennings, Bubby Wilton and Billy B all in the pit trying to get the K5 dialed in. It was great to hear that knowledge that came out of these guys.
    We won every heat including the main. The Superstock guys wanted to have a $1,000 grudge race with our two fastest K boats against their two fastest SS boats. I just don't think I am at that level to compete with them. They are amazing in the turns.
    We ended up in Needles for the week of Thanksgiving. It was relaxing and fun. Wayne, Billy, Scotty, Bolt Nazi, Buckles, Bruce and Kimbo, John, Les and Scummer were all there. Please keep Les's son Jake in your thoughts as he was badly burned and had to be airlifted to Vegas.
    We had a horseshoe tourney on Friday and it was hilarious. Billy and I teamed up and crushed everyone. There is going to be a triathalon in April, so get your partners and brush up on your horseshoes, golf and Bocci Ball.
    Big thanks to all that I mentioned. Had an amazing time and I am looking forward to next year in the K class.

Snowboat
    Sure wish I lived in Ca. What a good time to be had. Congrats on your fast learning curve with the K boat. Snowing like the North Pole up here.

dossangers
    DITTO on the 2 weeks great people good times. I was squirming in the stands watching tony hauling the mail. And the world champion pit crew.I was wishing i was out there!!!!! and about the HORSESHOE'S that was like v-drives on a bench racer thourough thrashing. im going to practice for the tourney in APRIL !!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Bobbo541
    Hey Tony great job . Congrats on K boat wins . Sounds like you had a great time sorry to here about the TAF boat. Hope all is well talk to you soon.

WILDERTHANU
    We won every heat including the main.
    NICE JOB DUDE!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...74View_24_.jpg

BILLY.B
    If anyone ever made it to our pit, all you would see and hear is a bunch of guys laughing and having a great time. Jim Anderson (126 Driver) made it by and served up some excellent Carne Asada. He sounds much taller on the internet.
    This statment says it all. Big Scott (126Driver aka Jim Anderson) thru down some awesome cooking for all of us on Saturday evening, and the BUTT RUB as an added ingrediate to the meat (thanks Hud) was an added surprise. Tony thanks for great time in Phoenix and thanks to FLAT STUPID for the great meals and the cold cerveza's. Looking forward to next year.
    PS...Update on Jake is that he is just coming out of surgery and that was for scraping off all the dead skin. Better then first thought, he only has a small area that is 3rd degree and they are going to try and put pig skin on those areas with the hopes that it will take and then they won't have to do skin graph's from his leg's. Pretty funny that he was more upset that he wasn't hanging with his buddies ( Connor & Nick) then with his burned back. Thank God that it was only his back as it could of been alot worse.

Sangerboy
    Excellent job Tony, I had tried to set aside some time so I could come and watch and join in, but couldn't work it out :cry: Sometimes too many responsibilities suck. Oh well can only start and get ready for next year now.
    I'll start practicing and bring my daughter Stephanie for the horseshoes. She's a bit of a "ringer" ( Sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Sanger D
    good job tony ,looked good out there!!.thanks billy for gettin my chair back to me ,appritiate it.glad everyone had a fun and safe holiday.looking forward to seeing you all in April.Wanted to come by the pits but just never got around to it "sorry ".But got to watch you guys run,really bitchin sprint boat action.well,see ya all at the river,always a pleasure.
    Sanger D P S pray for gus,s family, this will be a tuogh x mas for them

Sleek-Jet
    UCLAHATER made up the awesome shirts and sold every last one of them. I wish he would have made more because we would have sold them.
    I tried to get down to your pits on Saturday in Phoenix, after seeing Jordy with one of the K5 shirts, but somehow missed you guys.
    Is there anyway that more will be made????

Jordy
    Is there anyway that more will be made????
    I do believe that if there is enough interest, like 50 shirts or so, they would do another run.
    It was great meeting some of you that I hadn't met before, and always good seeing old friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast