Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does This Ever Bother You?

burtandnancy
    First of all let me explain that I'm the guy who many years ago, invented the phrase "no smoking, no children please" when I met the host or hostess in a nice restaurant. Well, the smoking thing cleared itself up, but the other, well I don't think there is any hope. When I go to a restaurant nowdays, I may ask the attendent, "do you have a nice quiet section?" I may be doing a business lunch, or want to spend some quiet time with Nancy. It never fails, that no matter how many sections the restaurant may have, they will place noisy, unruly, bratty, undeciplined children in every room, north, south, east and west. Why the hell can't they put all the noisy ones together, it sure won't bother the parents who won't watch their kids anyway. Why, when a couple, or business people who would like a quite meal, can't have at least one tiny corner of the restaurant to talk in a normal voice. I have asked managers many times about this, they always say it can't be done. BS, it CAN be done with minimal training of the hosts. Do I have any support here?
    Is this worth a national (or even regional) protest? What do you say...

Bre
    I don't think it will ever happen. But my kids are not allowed to be even the least bit loud when we go out to eat. The know better than that. Some parents don't have control over their kids and their kids decide what happens.. it is quite sad. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 17 month old. We get compliments every every single time we go out to eat about how they were afraid our kids were gonna be loud or bad. And how pleased they were to see such good kids and parents.
    Way too many kids running the house these days :notam:

Phat Matt
    Maybe you should eat at Spearmint Rhino.

mike37
    I like kids and they need to have fun
    but in a restaurant or movies they need to be quiet of go out side
    my motto is if your kids making noise takem out side

Bre
    Maybe you should eat at Spearmint Rhino.
    LMAO

Misogynist
    I don't think it will ever happen. But my kids are not allowed to be even the least bit loud when we go out to eat. The know better than that. Some parents don't have control over their kids and their kids decide what happens.. it is quite sad. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 17 month old. We get compliments every every single time we go out to eat about how they were afraid our kids were gonna be loud or bad. And how pleased they were to see such good kids and parents.
    Way too many kids running the house these days :notam:
    Which brand duct tape do you use to muzzle and restrain them?.......... :supp:

Havasu Hangin'
    I eat out at least a few times a week. I do quite a bit of entertainining, so I'd say I'm in resteraunts more than the average person.
    I never have issues with kids.
    Burt- maybe you should stop eating at Chuck E. Cheese?

CAHotRodBoy
    Many places try to make it "fair" for the waiters and waitresses so they get even amounts of customers. When I go into a restaurant I sit where I want. I can't count the number of times they want to stick us by a bunch of other people. I usually tell them I'll sit over there at that table. they kind of hem and haw a bit but I justgo sit where I want. If they don't like it I'll go some place else.
    I'm with you on the kid thing. It is unfortunate that people don't control their kids anymore. When I was young we were made to act politely when in public. Now people don't care. It's a shame. I like the kid section idea but I doubt it will get anywhere.

Bre
    I like kids and they need to have fun
    but in a restaurant or movies they need to be quiet of go out side
    my motto is if your kids making noise takem out side
    Exactly. My kids have tons of fun at the right times. We were at my grandmas house for Thanksgiving.... my cousins 2 year old was running all over the house. Kailey soon started to follow in his footsteps. I asked Kailey to come over to me. She turned right around in her tracks and walked over to me with her head down. I asked her to look at me... then proceded to tell her that she will not run in the house. She said sorry and walked away. My cousin then ...following what I did.... tried to tell her 2 year old to stop running. He kept running.... she fiunally got a hold of him and he started to hit her :notam: She didn't yell at him for hitting her or anything..... I wonder who runs that house :notam:

Bre
    Which brand duct tape do you use to muzzle and restrain them?.......... :supp:
    None. Don't have to I just give them the mean look

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast