Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tankless Water Heaters???

CJ
    Anyone know anything about these things. I want one, but I think the power to my current water heater will not handle what I want.
    Help!

MRS FLYIN VEE
    there are many to choose from.. how many fixtures will it be supplying

phebus
    I looked int them approx. 1 year ago, and the gas supply line had to be much larger than the 1/2" line I now have supplying my current water heater. It was impractical to run a new large diam. line, so I stuck with a conventional unit. Check out the supply demands before purchasing.

Ziggy
    I have some here in my Biz...On-Demand hot water at each faucet. They cost more upfront but take less to use daily...don't have to wait for the hot water to reach your tap...less waste too.
    I'd recommend them highly.

jayd_jr
    First off they do cost more. But are well worth it as you are not heating the water in the tank when it gets cooler. There are a few things to look at.
    1. Venting - You need to install a new vent which is going to be stainless steel as the heater condensates due to high effeciancy. If the heater is outside even better no vent necessary depending on location. Also if near an outside wall the vent can be "Direct Vent" so you run it straight out the side of the house.
    2. Gas Demand - They do call for more gas demand but in most houses the furnace is close and should have enough BTU to provide. it just typical to stub out 1/2" at a water heater.
    3. Electrical shouldnt be a problem either... There is a remate as well for most units.
    Hope that helps I can always put one in for you as well.......

ROZ
    My sister and her husband recently bought a big Noritz model and it ROCKS! Their last gas bill was only 12.00.....that's gas for the water heater, gas dryer, and gas heater... Commercial range is gas, but their kitchen isn't done yet...

Desert Rat
    When I was overseas they had electrical ones that went under a sink. Anybody know where to get them??

ROZ
    When I was overseas they had electrical ones that went under a sink. Anybody know where to get them??
    I'm putting one of those outside at my BBq sink... Instant hot water with only running one water line...

Desert Rat
    I'm putting one of those outside at my BBq sink... Instant hot water with only running one water line...
    Where did you find it?

al cole'holic
    I hope to have my water heater replaced with a tankless by the end of the month so there will be no more problems when the 75 gallon jacuzzi tub gets a little colder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast