Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Edelbrock head question

Squeezing Spectra
    Flatlander is a joke they get your money up front and place a wherehouse order when they have sold enuff sets of them to order normally about every 45 days. B

Sleek-Jet
    Those are not complete man. They are heads, valves studs and guide plates only.
    The Marine heads do not come complete. All other Performer RPM heads do though.
    And..... I have tried a dozen times to buy those from Flatlander. They have NEVER had them in stock.
    Funny how Summit has them listed as complete and assembled as well, but E-brock lists them as without Springs.
    I wonder what "assembled" means in Sparks, NV???

jbone
    Flatlander is a joke they get your money up front and place a wherehouse order when they have sold enuff sets of them to order normally about every 45 days. B
    Thanks for this info.
    Any propblems with Summit????
    J

superdave013
    what about the local speed shop in your area?

Norseman
    Guess it's Summit then.
    If your not going to use the springs they come with anyway, I'd get them if they have them in stock.
    You are going to pay more from Summit and still have to buy new springs!!

ECeptor
    Are you looking at the oval or rectangular port Eldies? I think they make both...
    If given the choice, I think the ovals would be best for your 502 since you don't turn a ton of rpms (if I'm remembering your set up correctly).

jbone
    Are you looking at the oval or rectangular port Eldies? I think they make both...
    The heads are currently rect port. Don't I have to stick with that unless I make a bunch of other changes??
    J

ECeptor
    The heads are currently rect port. Don't I have to stick with that unless I make a bunch of other changes??
    J
    yes.
    don't know what I was thinking...possibly that you were getting a new intake, not that you had one. had I read your earlier posts I would have known that!
    so, just make sure you get the rects if you get the Eldie heads...

SoggyJet
    I
    I can probably squeeze this into the equation if they will work with the stock Indmar exhaust manifolds and risers.
    J
    I have a set of the Edelbrock heads for my boat and went to bolt up a set of manifolds (stock square ports) and found that the reliefs for one of the head bolts on each cylinder crossed the square gasket. If I were to use those maniflolds I would have had to make an adapter plate.
    http://static.summitracing.com/globa...dl-61459_w.jpg I ended up picking up a set of headers and using the round header gasket.
    Doug

jbone
    I have a set of the Edelbrock heads for my boat and went to bolt up a set of manifolds (stock square ports) and found that the reliefs for one of the head bolts on each cylinder crossed the square gasket. If I were to use those maniflolds I would have had to make an adapter plate.
    I'm not sure I understand. You mean the stock manifold bolt locations did not match???
    J

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast