Thread: EXTRA EXTRA

Sanger D
    CROSS your fingers gents,I just got off the phone with paul bassettand he,s been bustin his ass trying to make a baffle that works without stealing too much HP.They were at puddingstone this wknd and got a 700+ hp boat to idle at 86 to 89 db,s with just a couple of ponys lost,"he thinks, but pretty sure ",so hope the dude handled it cause this would be sweet,"until the bastards give us a speed limit too".Any way, just hold tite til he gets all the numbers back,he said he,d let me know and all keep ya guys posted.This is bitchin news I thought you all might like to know.HE talked to the powers that be,Iguess early 1990s something boats have to be 90 db.s ,so he,s gettin close,thats 1990 somethin and earlier".
    HAVE A NICE DAY Sanger D

dmontzsta
    It is good to hear that a company is putting in the effort for the boaters.

Check with DNE Motorsports.
    They have a set of stainless mufflers for OT headers that were designed with Jack from Burns stainless (guy who does all the pro stock headers). they are done right and look trick. They actually bolt onto the header.
    They are trick and sound good, I tried a set at Elsinore this summer.

Sanger D
    hey, did you notice any loss in power ? was it not even enough to worryabout?.I,ve got two sets of headers and I want to make one for the law makers n one for the law breakers.the baffles that pauls workin on are for 4 and a half inch collectors, he said he,s prob. gonna make all his head.like that eventually,I,ve got a set of caoted ones comin.they should be pretty bitchin,but I,ll check out the other ones too, for my 4" coll. shortys.thanks for the info.
    Sanger D

No losses. The day i ran them the cops were out so I was mellow, but I did get on it a few times, no loss in rpms.DNE dynoed with them and saw no power losses on a 1000 horse N/A motor as well.
    They kinda resemble these below, but those are not them..
    http://www.burnsstainless.com/a_4_co...r-mufflers.jpg
    http://www.burnsstainless.com/Ultral.../a_SSmuf-8.gif
    http://www.burnsstainless.com/Ultral...er/SSmuf-5.gif
    I plan on cutting off about 9 inches off my header and welding these in place..Like you, im gonna have 2 sets of pipes.

:idea: plain ol' bassetts just got more expensive! :squiggle: