Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looky Looky what mama bought me

Wetter the Better
    Look what my wonderful wife bought me for my birthday.Cant wait till BOTE 2005 :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

blown428fe
    Mint. Was that a combination birthday/ christmas gift, or is thier a second round of parts coming this month.

sifocalpoint
    Im no motor genius, but this past summer we got a new scat crank for my 454, i had the motor rebuilt by a professional shop, and he failed to mention that these foreign cranks should be sent to be checked and reground if need be before using. Needless to say the back bearing had a load of stress on it and chewed everything up. I now know that anytime i get a crank i should send it out to be gone over for my particular application.

Wetter the Better
    just b-day, i would guess the next round of parts should be here in about 25 days

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Actually, your wife made a mistake! Those were supposed to come to my house. :jawdrop:
    Just joking. :shift:
    Congrads on the parts. Atleast you'll have something to do in the winter ! :hammer2:

Wetter the Better
    are you sure??? this is all small block chevy stuff. all you guys and gals like that big block stuff :supp: :supp: :supp:
    i wish i was able to do it my self,this year im having a pro build my motor this time around. cause there is way to much clearencing that needs to be done on the block and may be the rods to, and last of all i dont have time to do it. our furniture biz has really taken off and it is keeping me super busy.and now that it is dear season the body shop is slammed as well.
    can someone get some sleep 4 me please :messedup: :messedup:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Your right, we like the BB's. But I'll take anyway
    I'll find something to put it in! Good luck.

likwidsukr
    Im no motor genius, but this past summer we got a new scat crank for my 454, i had the motor rebuilt by a professional shop, and he failed to mention that these foreign cranks should be sent to be checked and reground if need be before using. Needless to say the back bearing had a load of stress on it and chewed everything up. I now know that anytime i get a crank i should send it out to be gone over for my particular application.
    I would send ANY crank I get to my machine shop First Before putting in my engine for sur no matter what

likwidsukr
    are you sure??? this is all small block chevy stuff. all you guys and gals like that big block stuff :supp: :supp: :supp:
    i wish i was able to do it my self,this year im having a pro build my motor this time around. cause there is way to much clearencing that needs to be done on the block and may be the rods to, and last of all i dont have time to do it. our furniture biz has really taken off and it is keeping me super busy.and now that it is dear season the body shop is slammed as well.
    can someone get some sleep 4 me please :messedup: :messedup:
    Glad to hear the Furniture biz is doin good. Hope to see ya guys next year for sure!!!

Wetter the Better
    Hope to see ya guys next year for sure!!!
    Yes we will be there next year,but this time with a running boat :supp: .I think i finally came up with a safe combo that wont burn up valves and at the same time adding some cubes to the new combo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast