Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Size Me Thread on RRL by RiverDave...

RiverOtter
    Just wanted to give River Dave credit for his thread. I read it yesterday and I also want to see the movie. My question is (maybe RiverDave is reading this) to anyone that has seen the movie. Is it something I could let my 7 & 9 year old watch? Is it too graphic, bad language, above their heads, etc...?? I have been preaching to them for 9 years now how bad that food is and the only reason we go there is to get a worthless pos toy that they lose interest in before we even throw the bag away.

Umongus
    I have the DVD. I saw it and it's pretty interesting stuff. Nothing that a child couldn't watch in my opinion, but I don't have kids so I'm far from an expert. I don't recall any bad language. It's a well done flick thats pretty thought provoking....worth a look. I was never a big McD's fan but I like an occasional Big Mac. It hasn't kept me away.
    Tony

RiverOtter
    I have the DVD. I saw it and it's pretty interesting stuff. Nothing that a child couldn't watch in my opinion, but I don't have kids so I'm from an expert. I don't recall any bad language. It's a well done flick thats pretty thought provoking....worth a look. I was never a big McD's fan but I like an occasional Big Mac. It hasn't kept me away.
    Tony
    Is is just or does McD's taste different than it did when I was a kid (30+ years ago)

Umongus
    I don't eat it often enough to tell. I've always liked the fries though and those probably taste better that they did in the past. Damn, now I'm making myself hungry

HOSS
    Is is just or does McD's taste different than it did when I was a kid (30+ years ago)
    Ever since the government listed what actually can be mixed in the batch and still be classified as beef they have tasted different. They say a colon is quite delicious by itself.

RiverOtter
    Ever since the government listed what actually can be mixed in the batch and still be classified as beef they have tasted different. They say a colon is quite delicious by itself.
    Yet another reason to pass up the golden arches :yuk:

diggler
    Since i saw it two months ago, I haven't eaten fast-food since. Really grossed me out after seeing the movie.

racecar.hotshoe
    What movie is it?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    It changed my outlook completely. I don't eat a whole lot of it but when i do, i won't be going to Mickey Dee's. and my kids will never eat chicken nuggets again. The movie gave some alarming statistics that affected me big time. There is just a smarter way to eat. The thing about Mcdonalds is that it is convienent (sp). It's there and we are used to it. it used to be a reward for me to go there. now it is an excuse for us to not make lunch or dinner or to just say "ef it, lets go grab a big mac".

RiverOtter
    What movie is it?
    Super Size Me
    Diggler - Is the movie kid safe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast