Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puter problems again ...

bigq
    What Cas says looks good.I would start by removing all spyware programs and firewalls one at a time and run it to see if it crashes after each removal. When it no longer crashes take note of the software removed just before and see if the software company may have a update. Maybe SP2 may be causing a problem if you have put that on and it now causes a problem.

beer hunter
    Fock Steve Jobs.... Hippy...
    Before I get flamed by all the peace-niks running macs, that was a joke. :chi:
    What's a "Mac"?

beer hunter
    get a dell dimension computer and you'll never have problems again
    Love your photos Mike but can't say the same about my Dell Dimension 8250.
    The power supply went out on it about 5 weeks ago but Dell diagnosed it as a faulty motherboard. After three weeks of waiting for the new one to arrive, I installed the new motherboard with no change in the computer, and then spent countless more hours on the phone to India (Dell's technical support center) in an attempt find out what the problem really was. I eventually just reinstalled the old motherboard then picked up and installed a new power supply from the local Comp USA.... presto, the computer works fine now. :hammerhea
    Dell makes a nice computer but their customer service leaves much to be desired...IMHO
    FM, hope you find the source of your computer grimlins.

shueman
    Fock Steve Jobs.... Hippy...
    Before I get flamed by all the peace-niks running macs, that was a joke. :chi:
    And so taken, you sick focker. !!!...LMAO ...
    I've got 2 Windows machines in the house, a laptop for business, I ran a 300 user network, yadda, yadda....
    I still "surf" with my old (juiced up) MAC....it just does NOT fail and the OS is excellent against intrusion...

hoolign
    Hooli, that's bad! LOL
    Rio
    I'm gonna bet that's the problem though! Hard drive saturation!

FMluvswater
    Hooli, that's bad! LOL
    Rio
    LMAO! Yeah what he said! Bad hoolign bad! (but I like you just the way you are! :wink: )
    I have an AMD Athlon 1800 - I like my puter just fine not looking to get a different one at all. What I don't like are all these new threats to computers and having to use so many different programs to field all the glitches they cause. It rots!
    May every programmer out there that makes these baddies that make using a computer so damn frustrating get an insatiable itch in the middle of their backs that they can't reach and may it drive them as crazy as all this is driving me! :devil: If only I was a powerful witch hehehehe!
    Possessed mouse problem has returned but none of the scans are detecting any trojans or viruses. I removed some items from my start-up menu (but not the second to last one, hoolign - EVER! ) . Now I'm playing wait and see.
    Thanks again Cas. I'm gonna hold off on removal of firewall and spyware detection programs for now bigq but I'll try it if this last thing doesn't work - thanks for the suggestion. Thanks beerhunter I hope these gremlins get lost too. :wink:

HammerDown
    May every programmer out there that makes these baddies that make using a computer so damn frustrating get an insatiable itch in the middle of their backs that they can't reach
    How about a really bad clogged toilet in their time of need :wink:

FMluvswater
    How about a really bad clogged toilet in their time of need :wink:
    YEAH!! While they are at someone else's home (only if it's the home of another programmer of baddies!) !!! :devil: I still want them to have that itch though.
    Great idea HammerDown.
    Your http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../HDforever.gif forever ,

hoolign
    I thought it was pretty goddamnn funny! :idea:

FMluvswater
    I thought it was pretty goddamnn funny! :idea:
    and sneaky too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12