Thread: beachcomber,in havasu

riverroyal
    anyone have any info or stories on this place? We are going to look at a few places there next week,curious if its a ok place

alfonzo
    Unless you like to go to bed or just sit in your trailer by ten, its not the place for you. I haven't been there in a couple of years but it was getting pretty bad as far as the curfews, you cant park your boat infront or your mobile home/motorhome,It has to be in your spot next to your motorhome. they'll kick you out for anything other than driving in, parking in your own spot getting in your motorhome a shuting the door.We used to be able to drive g-carts around till whenever, not any more! When we left it was getting to be pretty bad. There was about 8 of us that went over to Crazy Horse, its a good time over their.things could have changed at beachcomber since we left though.good luck.When you go there talk to Bridget, she was the coolest one there.

riverroyal
    black meadow landing is sounding more and more better,long ways from the city,but a huge savings to not deal with B.S.

1stepcloser
    black meadow landing is sounding more and more better,long ways from the city,but a huge savings to not deal with B.S.
    Black meadow is increasingly stricter....I spent 16 years there, moved up to Crazy Horse last year. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

riverroyal
    maybe we should buy a house there instead

BoatPI
    They are strick and the rent is going to 500 per month

lightnin
    This is in response to questions about Beachcombers.
    It's not as bad as they make it. If you want a place that is wide open to partying all night and not worrying about noise, etc., then yes, Beachcombers is not the place. But, I just spent the last two summers there where I had my trailer set for six months, left my boat in front of my trailer the whole time. They do have a curfew but if your cool and not to crazy, they don't bug you too much and you can still party. As for the golf carts, there's still tons of people with carts all over and they running all over the park. They just crack down around ten or so with the kids driving them. I've driven after midnite many times and there's no problem. The one great benny is the private ramp and on holiday weekends, it's the best thing to happen when you don't have to go to site six or windsor, etc.
    Final note, if you want to be able to party, have ragers all day all night, then Beachcombers isn't the place. But if you want a great place that gives a little respect to everyone's space and time to chill and relax, this is a great place. They are raising the rates, like probably most parks, and the bad thing is yes, Bridgit is no longer working there, and she was one of the coolest people there.
    So I hope this paints a little better picture for you to decide where you want to go!

alfonzo
    Thats cool then, I had a place their from 93' too 2000' no problems at all. came back in the later part of 2002 and it seemed like they were going down hill. We got complaints about the boat(it will be towed if its not parked in your assigned spot) and hanging out in front of the motorhome, the manager said "no golfcarts after 10pm or they will be confiscated" WTF.can they do that? but that was then. maybe Its a new manager.I had alot of fun there, before they closed off the way to get to the launchramp. those were good times.GOOD LUCK!!

jbtrailerjim
    Unless you like to go to bed or just sit in your trailer by ten, its not the place for you. I haven't been there in a couple of years but it was getting pretty bad as far as the curfews, you cant park your boat infront or your mobile home/motorhome,It has to be in your spot next to your motorhome. they'll kick you out for anything other than driving in, parking in your own spot getting in your motorhome a shuting the door.We used to be able to drive g-carts around till whenever, not any more! When we left it was getting to be pretty bad. There was about 8 of us that went over to Crazy Horse, its a good time over their.things could have changed at beachcomber since we left though.good luck.When you go there talk to Bridget, she was the coolest one there.
    Damn, It's not that bad there. My folks have a place there and I stay there all the time. No, it's not the kind of place to stay if you wanna party till all hours. But for the most part it's a pretty decent place to stay. I've been staying there since 94. The space rent is getting kind of high though. Jan 1st it goes up to like $530 a month. The parking situation does suck though. You can only park your boat and trailer in your space only. It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to park your vehicle and trailer back next to your mobile home after you launch the boat. They used to let you park in a couple different dirt parking areas that were fairly close to the ramp or boat docks but not anymore. Now they don't use the spots for squat. I can't quite figure out why they changed that rule. My folks currently have there place up for sale because of the high space rent. They think a home would be a much more wise of an investment instead of throwing away over $500 a month for rent. I'm kinda bummed about them wanting to sell it. I'd buy it if had the coin to afford it.

riverroyal
    the info helps ,thanks,,,were a family so staying up partying isnt for us,I like sleep.