Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2" leveling kit

NewGuy
    Does anyone know if the 2" leveling kit from ORU will work on my 04 Sub 2500 4x4??

Jordy
    What are you trying to level? The stink bug look? Just crank the torsion bars up a little bit and it will level itself out. Won't cost ya a dime.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Yea that is an idea if you want the front end all hoppy. But I dont have any other suggestions for just 2 inches..

Jordy
    Yea that is an idea if you want the front end all hoppy. But I dont have any other suggestions for just 2 inches..
    Really? Gee, I never have had any problem. Did it on my company truck as well as my own truck. Both of them ride the same. Hell, my truck is clearing 285's, and it's all done with torsion bars. Been very loyal to me.
    Thanks for your input though. :wink:
    2 inches is easy with the torsions. Only have to run them about 1/2 way in.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...tid=8193&stc=1

Jordy
    Oh, and another thing, what do you think the leveling kit is???
    http://www.offroadunlimited.com/stor...0007_large.jpg
    Reindexed torsion keys. Essetially crank up the torsions by changing the position of the key way. The torsions go up without making the adjustment.
    I put them on mine and got them from the dealer for less than the $70 that ORU wants.
    Save your money and just run in the adjusters a little bit. Like I said, 2" is easy to get with the stock keys.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Really didnt know they made a leveling kit. you mean to tell me you dont notice I difference after you crank the torsion bars up on your truck well for fawks sake you must be god

Jordy
    Really didnt know they made a leveling kit. you mean to tell me you dont notice I difference after you crank the torsion bars up on your truck well for fawks sake you must be god
    Do you really want to go down this road? :idea:
    Apparently there are lots of things you don't know and are talking out of your ass in this thread. Go to OffroadUnlimited.com and click Chevy/GMC. The picture I posted was from their site and shows the "Leveling Kit" which essentially adjusts the torsions with out changing the set screws through the use of reindexed keys. As I suggested, having done in on more than a couple of trucks, New Guy should just save his money and adjust the ones he has. You don't need the reindexed keys to gain 2" and if you did, you can get them from the dealer for less than the $70 that ORU wants for them. I think I paid around $50 for mine.
    And to restate, no, I didn't notice much of a difference in the ride on either one of my HD's. Did I stutter above? I have 20K on one and 60K on the other. Both Duramaxes. Do you have any experience with the torsions and adjustment or are you just making shit up as you go?
    Why not stick to something you know a little more about, like gel coat perhaps?
    New Guy, if you're only looking to level the truck out, just adjust your torsions. Pay no attention to Elim 4 Life as he is a gelcoat expert and obviously has shown what he knows about trucks in this thread. :sleeping: :jawdrop:

Eliminator 4 Life
    Yea I have no idea what Im talking about what are those 16's on your truck

Eliminator 4 Life
    thats funny my buddy owns a shop and I have the torsion bars cranked everytime. and everytime I notice a difference vs factory. Especially the last time I really notice it when going over speed bumbs but who am I since I dont know shit.. Its funny I got the truck in my drive way..

Jordy
    Yea I have no idea what Im talking about what are those 16's on your truck
    You're right, you have no idea. The question was about leveling kits and you come in here and start running your mouth about something you know nothing about.
    NewGuy asked about a leveling kit.
    I suggest that he just adjust the torsion bars and be done with it.
    You respond:
    So you don't have any suggestions, and obviously don't know shit, but you keep going. The smart thing for you to do would be to look at ORU and see what they're talking about first. But no, it's better to just keep talking out your ass.
    Really didnt know they made a leveling kit.
    So why are you even replying to something you don't know shit about? Your words.
    you mean to tell me you dont notice I difference after you crank the torsion bars up on your truck well for fawks sake you must be god
    Why must I be god? I said I don't notice a difference and I have done it to both trucks I have now and drive them on a daily basis. Is that hard for you to understand? It's my personal experience that I didn't notice a difference. I'm trying to help a guy out here and let him keep his $70 in his pocket, plus whatever they charge for installation. You're just trying to up your post count.
    As far as my truck having 16" wheels? Who gives a flying f uck? I looked at 18's and while they look good, I acutally use my truck for work on occasion and pull substantial amounts of weight behind it. Aside from the bleak selection of 8 lug 18" wheels when I bought my truck (almost 2 years ago), the fact that the amount of weight they would put up with dropped substantially. I'll stick with my 16's gelcoat king. :boxed:
    So do you actually have anything substantive to add on leveling kit offered by ORU, or perhaps you can refute my experiences with doing the same thing. Come on, tell me how I think my truck rides. You're the one who knows everything here. :notam:

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast