Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Made Tiedowns

wsuwrhr
    As most of you know I try and preach to everyone to buy American made products wherever they can. For good reason.
    Anyway, sometimes it is hard to find things that ARE made in America.
    I was at Home Depot this morning, I was looking for some additional tie downs to hold the cover on my $500 Motorhome. They had the 4-pack of tiedowns everyone sells, but they had another get up from a company that was American made. Granted they were more expensive, but our costs of living, and STANDARD of living here, are much more expensive, in short, as far as I am concerned, there is no free lunch, and the costs are relative.
    So I thought tie downs are something we boaters all use, so if you care, I just wanted everyone to know you have an alternative to 8 year old child Chinese labor.
    Keeper Corp's website (http://www.keepercorp.com)
    I also bought some outside lights for the house and garage, and there isn't a single one I could find that was made in America. I wasn't real happy buying something taht I didn't have a CHOICE on what I bought.
    Sorry for the long post, but it is something I am deeply concerned about.
    Brian

Sweet Addiction
    Thanks for Posting that. I am also concerned with more American Made Products, but sometimes We just cannot get around it. I have been looking for a good set of tie downs for the boat, so I will just get in my truck and head myself down to the Local homedepot and pick some of those up. If in stock.

bigd1
    10 years from now the only things that will be American made are currency, reality TV, and law degrees.

wsuwrhr
    As I always do, I was walking around the tool section with mild interest. Low and behold, I noticed the Husky air compressors have American Made all over them. Since I have been in the market for a bigger compressor for some time I was interested.
    Husky isn't a name in tools I normally buy, since I am a Snap-On/Craftsman type of guy. But if you have been around Sears lately, they are seriously
    "cheapening up", it is scary, I am wondering how long it will be before the "Made In USA, Guaranteed Forever" is a memory. Half the tool section is made in China. Good luck finding airtools.
    Anyway I am the proud new owner of a big-ass compressor, now I need to build a house for it on the rear of the garage. Stage 2 of my 3-4 stage incognitio manufacturing center in my garage.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    On Keeper's website, there are several other stores where their products can be found.
    Brian

spectratoad
    Try to find something made in America in WalMart. Good Luck. I do agree with you though on BUY AMERICAN.

Sweet Addiction
    Anyway I am the proud new owner of a big-ass compressor, now I need to build a house for it on the rear of the garage. Stage 2 of my 3-4 stage incognitio manufacturing center in my garage.
    Thats quite funny. I have been doing the same thing. Looking at those air Compressors, but cannot bring myself to buying one. My Pops bought one for his shop and its a Hauss. Those things are relatively large, so I can see where you need to expand to get one into a garage.
    good luck with the rennovation project. Jared.

wsuwrhr
    Try to find something made in America in WalMart. Good Luck. I do agree with you though on BUY AMERICAN.
    Ol Sam would roll in his grave if he knew the direction of his empire.
    I used to go to that store and find "Made In USA" on tags of items there, good luck with that now.
    Brian

JustMVG
    Brian, the "cheapening" of Sears is evident when you see the merger of Sears and Kmart, yup Kmart, weren't they bankrupt?, is offering to buy Sears and the merger should be in effect sometime in 05, American made is a title that is going to be put on an endangered species list, sad commentary on life in America.
    MikeVG

rrrr
    Brian
    I'm trying to get the utility company to drop three phase 480 in my garage.
    The power lines are in the alley behind the house, they just need to hang some pole mount xfmrs and away we go...... :hammer2: :hammer2:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast