Thread: What are they worth???

sawtooth
    Hey guys I need some info, my Dad is repowering his boat in the next few weeks and is looking to sell the motor's he is taking out and I was wondering what he should ask for them ($) There are two, here is what I know, Chevy BB 454 w/Gale Banks twin turbos (single carb), 12 qt. pans, new high torque mini starters, Crane rollers, Mallory HyFire Ignition, Holly carbs. Motors are compleate turn key. Have no idea how many hours are on them (he has put about 10 hrs. on the in the last 7 years) but they run great and burn no oil. They are coming out of a 28' Campbell that weighs about 10,000-12,000 lbs. and the boat runs 60 plus with 3 lbs boost. Would like to hear your opinions. I have an idea ($) but don't want to give them away and don't want to insult anyone either so I am turning to those in the know.
    Thanks
    Chris

ColeTR2
    I usually think a decent deal on used parts is 50 cents on the dollar. Used engine parts even less. I look at how much I spent on my engine and think I'd be lucky to get 25 cents on the dollar. If the stuff is that old it's out dated and some parts like turbos can cost more to repair then to by new. So with that risk. I'd say that they are not worh much. Maybe 3k each. Good Luck.

lilrick
    I usually think a decent deal on used parts is 50 cents on the dollar. Used engine parts even less. I look at how much I spent on my engine and think I'd be lucky to get 25 cents on the dollar. If the stuff is that old it's out dated and some parts like turbos can cost more to repair then to by new. So with that risk. I'd say that they are not worh much. Maybe 3k each. Good Luck.
    sorry, but I'd have to agree.