Thread: The media vs the people

Seadog
    Some interesting editorials in sunday's paper reflected on the media's role in the election. Their take:
    Every time a Hollywood bigshot spoke out for Kerry, Bush gained votes.
    Michael Moore gain more votes for Bush than anyone.
    Rather and CBS's blatant poor reporting and lies in the NG scandal, not only hurt Kerry, but has ruined CBS's reputation for decades. The reason that every big three news operation is having their lead newsmen retire is that they are losing the confidence of the public. No longer can an anchor make a statement without thouands of bloggers tearing into the details.
    BTW, I have a fixer-upper for anyone that thinks the National Guard story has nothing to do with Rather's decision to 'retire'.
    The Hollywood situation is what is going to kill the Democrats if they continue to push being the party of Hollywood. People are getting tired of the sex, violence and bad language being pushed by Hollywood. JJ's 'wardrobe malfunction' and the ad during Monday Night Football is turning the public off. Celebrity lifestyles that are full of divorce, affairs and children out of wedlock, are fueling a backlash.
    I like that the party of 'Celebrating Diversity and Differences' has been referring to the states that voted Republican (red states) as Jesus states and buck-tooth redneck country.

1978 Rogers
    The image that pops into my head about an actor or actress from Hollywood is Sharon Stones classic spread eagle. I forget the name of the movie with Michael Douglas. But that is all Sharon is going to be known for.

cdog
    Some interesting editorials in sunday's paper reflected on the media's role in the election. Their take:
    Every time a Hollywood bigshot spoke out for Kerry, Bush gained votes.
    Michael Moore gain more votes for Bush than anyone.
    Rather and CBS's blatant poor reporting and lies in the NG scandal, not only hurt Kerry, but has ruined CBS's reputation for decades. The reason that every big three news operation is having their lead newsmen retire is that they are losing the confidence of the public. No longer can an anchor make a statement without thouands of bloggers tearing into the details.
    BTW, I have a fixer-upper for anyone that thinks the National Guard story has nothing to do with Rather's decision to 'retire'.
    The Hollywood situation is what is going to kill the Democrats if they continue to push being the party of Hollywood. People are getting tired of the sex, violence and bad language being pushed by Hollywood. JJ's 'wardrobe malfunction' and the ad during Monday Night Football is turning the public off. Celebrity lifestyles that are full of divorce, affairs and children out of wedlock, are fueling a backlash.
    I like that the party of 'Celebrating Diversity and Differences' has been referring to the states that voted Republican (red states) as Jesus states and buck-tooth redneck country.
    I love how the Celeb/tollorance croud implies how everyone who does'nt think how they do are morons and rednecks. Funny, I hope they are'nt counting on my redneck money. Mabey they can move hollywood to canada or france, and thats comming from a redneck who lives in a red county in a blue state.

ssanddemon
    The image that pops into my head about an actor or actress from Hollywood is Sharon Stones classic spread eagle. I forget the name of the movie with Michael Douglas. But that is all Sharon is going to be known for.
    Fatal Attraction, I believe. You hit the nail right on the head. I remember as a little kid that I really liked Jane Fonda in Electric Horseman until I found out about her Vietnam treason. Never liked her again or ever will. I will never give my money to a leftist actor who flaunts their views for political gain. Never, ever will my money go into the pocket of George Clooney, Martin Sheen or etc. Goes for musicians, too- F-CK YOU, Springsteen!
    They really should have better sense than to cut their own market share in half, whichever way they lean- I mean really, it takes a lot of nerve to alienate your audience like so many of the Hollywood types have. I think they are either stupid or crazy. The term 'melagomania' comes to mind.