Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spam - Owner Operators

lucky
    WE HAVE SOME POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR DEDICATED , YEARROUND WORK WITH A THREE YEAR CONTRACT PULLING OUR 53 FOOT CURTAIN VANS - CALL CHRIS 800 232 4547 :idea:

AzDon
    I've thought a lot about what it would take to get me to re-enter the owner-operator pool.
    The defects in the game seem to be 1) all wasted time is at the owner-operator's (o/o's) expense 2) all required labor for the load is at the o/o's expense 3) business slowdown (loss of opportunity) is at o/o's expense and while the carrier brags about the per-mile rate, it only applies to LOADED miles... all the empty mile are completely at o/o expense. It seems that carriers add owner/operators when there isn't quite enough work to economically justify the expense of adding a company truck, or the rate is too cheap for a company truck to run it. In other words, most companies would rather take a raked-off percentage of a losing piece of business than lose money with their own truck.
    I would however, consider buying and adding a new truck to a fleet as an owner/operator under the following conditions:
    In exchange for a weekly to-the-truck salary of $5310 plus all tags, permits and tolls, I will provide 70 hours of on-duty trucking services ( up to 3500 miles) as directed by dispatch. This will include all waiting time and loading time and will include handstack loading, if that is how your company chooses to spend it's money on this lease. The only other monetary requirement will be $340 per-diem when I reach 70 hours and I'm not at home (34 hours restart x $10). The breakdown on the $5310 salary is as follows:
    $59 an hour ( equals 50 miles of straight driving making the base mileage rate $1.18 per mile) for the first 40 hours
    $88.50 an hour for the next twenty hours (time and a half)
    $118 an hour for the final ten hours (doubletime!)
    I'd require a five year, binding contract, and would pro-rate discount any hours that I was unavailable
    If there are any trucking companies out there willing to offer such a contract, I'm willing to put up a new truck to fulfill it!

Havasu_Dreamin
    Just out of curoisty, what kind of income can a OTR driver make? I see ads on the back of trucks saying $.40 per mile and that seems kind of cheap for all that driving.

ELIMINAT THIS
    LUCKY= Can you give a little more info. local,regional,otr. Last but not least whats it pay. Call me if it is local or regional we are always looking at other stuff to haul. Kaler @ Container Delivery Services 925-766-8350
    HD=At .40 cents a mile a otr driver should make 45-55k not bad $ if you live in ohio and dont like your wife and kids haha.

AzDon
    Just out of curoisty, what kind of income can a OTR driver make? I see ads on the back of trucks saying $.40 per mile and that seems kind of cheap for all that driving.
    Swift was running an ad in the Havasu paper bragging that they only charge recruits $550 for driving school and that a new graduate could earn $2400 in their first six weeks after training. I personally don't think a possible $400 gross per week for living full-time in a truck is something they should brag about! Swift is at the low end of driver wages though, because they choose to be a "training" company that hires almost exclusively from the unemployment office and lose their new drivers in about the time it takes for them to get jobs elsewhere.
    In your example of $.40 per mile, a driver who was able to do nothing but drive (at 50mph average) would earn $1400 weekly, but the catch to mileage pay is that it might not pay ANYTHING for duties like loading/unloading or waiting (for whatever reason) to drive. Very few trucking jobs are pure driving!

Jordy
    $5300 a week??? OK Don, put the crack pipe down. :notam:

Havasu_Dreamin
    but the catch to mileage pay is that it might not pay ANYTHING for duties like loading/unloading or waiting (for whatever reason) to drive. Very few trucking jobs are pure driving!
    I was not aware that the driver was responsible for loading and unloading of the truck.

Havasu_Dreamin
    $5300 a week??? OK Don, put the crack pipe down. :notam:
    Based on his example I am assuming with the $5300 per week the owner/operator is paying all of the expense for the truck as well?

Jordy
    Based on his example I am assuming with the $5300 per week the owner/operator is paying all of the expense for the truck as well?
    Hell, I'd hope so. Maybe they'll give you a fuel card too, I mean after all, you are AzDon (or are you not???) and this is make believe.

AzDon
    I was not aware that the driver was responsible for loading and unloading of the truck.
    Generally, even if a driver is able to get another party to pay for loading and unloading, the driver is still responsible for the piece-count and condition. If it is a "truckload" that is accepted by a seal number, then the driver is only responsible to get a signature for the intact seal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast