Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: river dave what's your beef with jet hydros?

jimmmyb
    hey river dave whats up?
    i own a sanger hydro and i kind of like it,
    we all know hydros are not the best all around lake boat, but it's the type of boat i own right now and i like it, i just don't understand why you
    slam the hydros? i thought this fourm was on all jet boats?
    maybe i'm wrong, but it sure seems that is the case.
    take it easy. jimmyb

Jimmy, don't get uptight. This nothing against you or your boat. This is a war started by slowboat. Slowy bought the infamous jet hydro and vowed that it would be the fastest boat around and the greatest thing since butter in a tub. He bet everyone that it would run a hundred. Now throw in countless lies, fake names and a multitude of personalities and you have what you read today. You just happen to own a jet hydro which I am willing to bet will smoke the green rattlecan paint right off of Slowy's ride. So please don't take offense to RD or anyone else regarding jet hydros. By the way, how fast does it go? Fill us in on the details

jetboatjake
    Hey Jimmy Hydros are way cool Is yours a jet or a prop.The other thread was so long I didnt read it all, lots of trash talking.What I didnt see was anybody bring up the point of A Hydro is designed to run on three points, each sponson and the prop of a V-Drive or a Direct Drive what ever they call it.When jets were put in it and you start to get lift for it to ride at the right attitude, The pump unloads and cavitates, OR From what I have heard you run on the pump intake and the sponsons are not in the water for stability they have a tendancy to go sideways.SOUNDS BAD TO ME.Summing all this garbage up the hydro is not a good Jet propulsion design.THE ABOVE VIEWS DO NOT NECESSARLY REFLECT FACT OR EVEN JETBOATJAKES OPINIONS.
    rob (Trying to come up with a better disclaimer LOL)
    Rob (also working on CapItolization and Punctuation, Hey where's the spell check!!!!!
    [This message has been edited by jetboatjake (edited August 29, 2001).]

burbanite
    Jimmmy, I also have a Sanger jet hydro. I had wanted one for as long as I can remember and recently decided to just go for it. I have had a long standing relationship with boats and with hot rods and to me, this boat combines the two. I personally cannot think of another style of boat that shouts lake/river rod like a hydro. I have also been around nearly every drive system known to man at some point in my boating career (including racing) and went back to the jet for a number of reasons, not the least of which is safety.
    It probably isn't the most effective drive in a hull of this style but until I go out and out racing I am going to stick by my own personal decision. I will keep this boat until I can no longer exist without the aid of a diaper and continue to modify it as the mood takes me, I will add boats for other purposes rather than change this for another.
    I doubt that anyone is dissing the hydro as such as I am sure most of the participants on this board appreciate the value that each of our boats has to the owner and that we are all part of a group that is able to enjoy the freedoms our chosen ride has to offer.
    I enjoy my boat for what it is - a hot rod - and so do the people I hang out with, they all have different types of boats so between us we have all the daily conditions covered.

RR1/ 001
    Jimmmyb :::: If you go back to where it really got started you will read where they made the bet`s with me! I`m am a racer and I will take bet`s. That`s what racing is, I bet I can do it better than so & so. I told some of the racers that I race with that I was going to get A Jet Hydro and it look`s cool. They said DONT DO IT. Now they say "you got guts to stick your neck out like that, but you are doing it, and that is all that counts". Now I have 4 big sponsors on a boat that only ran in the 12`s the last race. You might ask why? Well think about it this way, If you want to go some where and want it bad, people will see that.They will want to be a part of it. Just to say I PUT HIM THERE! I saw a boat that was washed up in the late 70`s. I told my self this is my chance to make my mark in drag boat racing, If I can make one of these boats run and run hard, People will know I was there. If I would have stayed with what I had I was only going to be just another racer. Team Aggressor just signed on last friday. They saw some one that wanted to do some thing and go some where, so They wanted to be a part of it. Go look at my guest book on the last page. Most of these people on this Fourm dont mean any harm by what they say. A boat is a boat, Out board )or( In board ,it is a boat.This is the inter net and things get said. Most of these people that give me $hit are not bad pepole, they are just having fun. Hell we all like to have fun, I like to give it back some time`s.
    It`s just like my crew they dont mean any harm, they are good people, they just like to have fun too.
    People that race Work hard just to make it to the race and cut a good ET. If the ET is not what they wanted they just work harder to do it better the next time.So take it for what is worth. Dont take it to hart.
    I know I dont?????
    RR1/ 001
    where is the spell check I looked all over for it? LOL
    [This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited August 30, 2001).]

RiverDave
    JimmyB, I have absolutetly no beef with jet Hydros. I do have beef with some person whom claims "I HAVE THE WORLDS FASTEST JET HYRDRO" then proceeds to come on the board with multiple names, talking trash, claim its his crew, then talk a bunch of more trash sticking up for his crew, then post a bunch of #'s and times that don't make sense then when you ask him about it flips out changes his name three more times then starts making outlandish bets.
    Now after all that, like Slowy said I don't take it to heart, most of the time I'm just giving him $hit, but I will stick my $$ where my mouth is. As far as the jet hydro theory though it's not a good design for obvious reasons. I'm not saying that it can't be a great riverboat, and fun for the family plus look bitchin while doing it, but for race purposes I think it's kinda like drag racing a front wheel drive car.
    BTW, I'd be curious if either of your boats break 90mph. If they do then slowy can't claim WORLDS FASTEST JET HYDRO anymore. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    RD
    [This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited August 30, 2001).]

HBjet
    Looks like Chet signed on with Slowy, I guess thats how you get Aggressor to sign on. Hell, I see so many Honda's on the street these days sponsered by so many companies, oh wait, you can buy those stickers.
    I'm going to take this time to thank my sponsers
    Eliminator
    Chevrolet (thanks for the tow vehicle too)
    Sony
    Bassett
    Dooley
    Jacobs Electronics
    Competitive Trailers
    Goodyear
    Mobil
    AC Delco
    Alcoa
    Holley
    Weiand
    VDO
    Eddie Marine
    and if I forgot any one else, I'm sorry, please still send that sponser money. Thank$
    HBjet

challengerjet
    HB, quite an impressive list there. Did slowly hook you up?
    cjet.

RiverDave
    JimmyB, If you go through all the posts I'm sure you'll see why I talk the way I do. Maybe this thing with Slowy got a little outta hand but in the immortal words of my brother "He started it." Childish maybe but atleast I don't lie, or have multiple personallity syndrome, or have a serious ego problem, or etc...
    RD

jimmmyb
    river dave, now first off i'm not taking side's with any body. if i understand your post correctly, are you saying a drag hydro would make a better river boat or lake boat,
    rather than a liquid quarter mile drag boat,
    i'm not here to brag, ido totaly agree with what you said in the prior post when i think you said hell any body with $$$$ can put up some good numbers, at the time my hydro dose not do 90mph dose not do 90mph but when it it dose do 90 mph rest asure it wiil only be in a straight line.
    ps i don't take anything seriously on the internet.
    take it easy. jimmy b

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast