Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: computer question

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I am trying to read a 3 1/2" floppy disc we got from a van sign guy we used and it is saying it is not formatted.. then it asks me if I would like to format it and when I say yes it then says it will be erased.. :cry: what can I do to not have this erased. can I copy iy to a cd.. and if so where can I find that on the puter to do so.

voodoomedman
    I am trying to read a 3 1/2" floppy disc we got from a van sign guy we used and it is saying it is not formatted.. then it asks me if I would like to format it and when I say yes it then says it will be erased.. :cry: what can I do to not have this erased. can I copy iy to a cd.. and if so where can I find that on the puter to do so.
    go into a command prompt and type the following
    chkdsk /f a:
    That will do a chkdsk with fix errors. If your disk doesn't work after this then throw it away.

FMluvswater
    I'd like to know same. I have some writing on a disk that I can't access for the same reason. :notam: Weird thing is I used to be able to access it no problem then when I tried again about 4 months later I got the "not formatted" error message. I'd hate to lose the saved writing on it.
    go into a command prompt and type the following
    chkdsk /f a:
    That will do a chkdsk with fix errors. If your disk doesn't work after this then throw it away.
    Edit: Thank-you. I'll try that also.

Scream
    Probably from a Mac, and you've probably got a PC, not too much to do but get a mac to read it.
    Sorry
    Scream

MRS FLYIN VEE
    :cry: thank you so much.. I do have a pc so if the editing doesn't work f uck the disk right.. LOL!! thank you. :smile:

voodoomedman
    The only other thing besides what I already put is to try a different pc. Sometimes it's the drive that is broke or just being tempermental. Floppies suck. You look at them funny and they can get corrupt. Go buy a USB memory stick.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    The only other thing besides what I already put is to try a different pc. Sometimes it's the drive that is broke or just being tempermental. Floppies suck. You look at them funny and they can get corrupt. Go buy a USB memory stick.
    we were givin it from a man that lettered our work truck and I was trying to get the pics off of it to give to someone. thats why I was trying to copy it to a cd.. :wink:

ColeTR1
    Probably from a Mac, and you've probably got a PC, not too much to do but get a mac to read it.
    Sorry
    Scream
    I will second this!!! you can take to kinkos!!! thay have mac's

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I will second this!!! you can take to kinkos!!! thay have mac's
    thank you..

voodoomedman
    No kinko's. FedEx owes them.
    Go to staples or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast