Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV help

phebus
    I want to get a flat screen tv to mount on the wall above my fireplace. I know there are different types (plasma, etc.) and would like to know what the best type is both for picture quality and for longevity. It needs to be hdtv, and compatible with the cox cable hd/dvr. I have 5'6" of width to fit it in, but something around 40-42" overall width would fit the space and look good above the mantle. I haven't shopped anything yet, and would like some knowledge going in.
    Thanks

Jordy
    Talk to Roz. He's the man in this area.

phebus
    Yea, I figured he would see this, as well as others that have dealt with him, and have info as well.
    Thanks Jordy

kevnmcd
    I think I speak for ROZ when I say....Pioneer Elite.
    P.S. How do you like the HD/DVR box? How does it compare to Tivo? I am thinking about renting one as soon as my HDTV get here.

phebus
    I think I speak for ROZ when I say....Pioneer Elite.
    P.S. How do you like the HD/DVR box? How does it compare to Tivo? I am thinking about renting one as soon as my HDTV get here.
    We love the DVR. The big thing is that it couldn't be any easier to use. You use the same programing guide you normally use, and just push the record button. You can choose to record a program, or an entire series. Super easy, and it also has some great playback features.
    Do you have one of the Pioneer Elite's? If so, where did you buy it? I would like to go see one, and don't know what dealers stock them.

Evo22
    yea roz can hook you up or I can see what I can do.
    he probably can do better than I can on price I own a PRO-1010 pioneer elite and love it

Krumbsnatcher
    yea roz can hook you up or I can see what i can do he probably can do better than I can on price I own a PRO-1010 pioneer elite and love it
    Hey EVO how is the IPOD connectors going for the HD and F250's?

Krumbsnatcher
    I want to get a flat screen tv to mount on the wall above my fireplace. I know there are different types (plasma, etc.) and would like to know what the best type is both for picture quality and for longevity. It needs to be hdtv, and comptible with the cox cable hd/dvr. I have 5'6" of width to fit it in, but something around 40-42" overall width would fit the space and look good above the mantle. I haven't shopped anything yet, and would like some knowledge going in.
    Thanks
    PM Magic34onHavasu he just went through the perils of the exact same thing you are contemplating, exactly.

Evo22
    Hey EVO how is the IPOD connectors going for the HD and F250's?
    I can wire it up using an exsisting cd changer module already but the real ones will be done by CES hopefully

ROZ
    Zenith ..j/k...
    I have an appointment and won't be back until this evening.. I can totally clue you in then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast