Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: "Risky Business" meets "Predator"...Head-To-Head....

Havasu Hangin'
    Sounds like HH might need come by and give ya a hand job!!!
    I wouldn't want to hit you in the mouth...Bassmaster bling.
    :cry:

KROOZIN
    Except there is (a law) in our Poker Run!! I think we all want the run to continue so let's step up and show how responcible we can be. There is a lot of people watching. It wouldn't take a lot for California. to do an Alabama jig and outlaw boats faster than some number, like 80 MPH.
    We're just too damn few in number to thumb our noses at all the other people that use the water. Let's step it up and show some of that same class we respect Gary for!
    I'm sorry, but I hope one of these days it won't be an accepted thing to haul ass, then raft up and pass the goose then go do it again. :boxed:
    "There's alot of people watching" what this thread??? I can't seem to find where it says "official poker run awareness thread".
    Jim, ....I'm really sorry that I offended you and all the people watching. I guess my sense of humor is lost on some......ok, probably most....
    I didn't realize that this thread was about your poker run....

Phat Matt
    "There's alot of people watching" what this thread??? I can't seem to find where it says "official poker run awareness thread".
    Jim, ....I'm really sorry that I offended you and all the people watching. I guess my sense of humor is lost on some......ok, probably most....
    I didn't realize that this thread was about your poker run....
    I think our raft up will be the unofficial stop number 2. Think of us as the people who hand out drinks to the marathon runners.

mbrown2
    Pretty cool video....
    But ol'skool don't even play here.....With those speeds and how small the lake is you just don't turn around and catch Predator or R Bizness like you did with Flatty's on Parker......ie: Predator coming back from the Springs, and you cross each other at past Steamboat.....you slow from 120 and turn, approximately 30 seconds....and turn around then it takes 15-20 seconds to get back to 120.....So within 45 seconds to a minute Predator is long gone even if you could do 180 to his 170....which is highly unlikely...
    Back in the days of flatty's and jets racing around you did 70-80 for 10 seconds at a time.....these guys are doing 120-140 minutes on end.....not a even a close comparison....

C-2
    Kroozin we all enjoy your posts, no worries, keep up the good work. I don’t think Jim’s post was directed at any single person.
    I can also verify first-hand there are many different agencies and adverse parties monitoring threads for anything remotely related to the poker run. I’ve seen a dossier about 6” thick, filled with docs, letters and “evidence” about the poker run, including highlights of threads taken from this board and other message boards.
    Of course, not the entire threads (i.e. 6 pages); rather, just highlighted parts that point out irresponsible behavior, speed contests, drinking, bets and the “r” word. All taken out of context, very much like edited news clips.
    Two years ago USCG Chief Doug Samp (Havasu born and raised) came out to the run expecting the worse, based largely in part upon the opinion he formed of participants after reading various threads on HB. At the end of the run Chief Samp said he was glad he didn’t “judge a book by its cover”, because he would have been dead wrong.
    Many people DO judge a book by its cover, which is my only point.
    Carry on…..

jdnichols
    Kroozin, no worries man, just had to jump on my soapbox before the $10,000 bets came floating around
    I have been up to my ears with the insurance companies and Coast Guard, Fish & Game ect. Which makes me very aware how easy we could get closed down.
    Let's all have a great summer of boating!

KROOZIN
    I certainly enjoy your poker run, and wouldn't want to create any grief for you. Good luck, and thanks for all your hard work involved with putting on this event!
    For the record, my post about no lifejackets, was a lame inside joke on my part.

NOTALENT
    But can Mike drive with one knee while doing a beer bong?

Now that's a skill!!!

TPI
    Can someone please post a pic of the "Predator" boat. I am not sure if I have ever seen it. Also, maybe some stats? Year, make, engines, etc..........It sounds like an interesting boat.
    Thanks

Steamin' Rice
    GT,
    Here's a pic of Predator from the 2002 SCOPE poker run..
    http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/2002...292-030_31.jpg

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast