Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "Risky Business" meets "Predator"...Head-To-Head....

Kilrtoy
    Good point and post. Old School getrdone and not wait for the next time.
    Ok RICKY,
    I am now officallly looking for the tamale wagon..... :boxed: :boxed:
    P.S. pretty sure the lot was sold...

KROOZIN
    I think Bowling in the 37 Talon might have a little something for CRC....
    Don't forget about those two bad a$$ canopied Nor-techs....
    (oh nevermind....we can forget about them.....LOL )
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...pt2_Small_.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...w_2006_160.jpg

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    sure seems to me that alot could have been figured out right there on the lake last weekend. maybe I sound "old school" but I grew up on the river
    with the "shut up and race what ya brung" mentality. Granted, we didn't
    have million dollar boats but isn't the whole essence of the matter come down to who is faster right now at any given moment. I would've turned
    that boat around and figured out who had more tuning to do right there on
    the spot! But that's just me.
    Keith Sayre
    Awww....
    C'mon Keith....This isn't 1960 pal!!!.....Take your "Jane Fonda" poster down...
    The day of the "Potato-Chip-Boat" is over!!!!...(Hehehe..Sorry Dan)...
    Pull that Corvair over and make way!!!!!
    Everyones de-bugging and hoping that the molecule's stay together for 5-10-20-40 miles or so at 7,000+ RPM....
    Hopefully all of the boats will stay together as it will be quite a sight !!!
    Have your video cameras ready as I'll need some good footage from down lake....
    Although.....10 flights of 20 boats each kinda sucks!, but will be much safer than a 200 boat free-for-all......
    I just pray for no...."ACCIDENTS".........It's supose to be FUN.......
    10 days & counting !!!!!!
    Later,
    CJG

havasurat27
    Here is a cool video of Predator at 160mph
    http://www.american***boats.com/Video/Predator.wmv

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Don't forget about those two bad a$$ canopied Nor-techs....
    or......the gaggle of MTI's either!!!!.. :idea:
    CJG

TOBTEK
    Here is a cool video of Predator at 160mph
    http://www.american***boats.com/Video/Predator.wmv
    thats a great vid! Shame Defreeze(sp?) broke..... he was comin on pretty hard.

Keith E. Sayre
    Shaken Not Stirred: I guess what I'm trying to say is, at what level of the
    game does it become "no fun" anymore? at what dollar level or hp level do
    we say, I can't go out and have a good time or my motors won't last or the
    speed is so excessive that it's really getting dangerous? To what end do we
    push our sport or addiction or need for speed to the point that we can't simply go out and tear up the lake? Seems a shame if that's what it is coming
    to.
    While we have no right to ask any of these million dollar boat owners to go out and "entertain" us with their fast boats while we sit in the computer room
    and watch the replay on video, I read all the hype about our poker run and I
    get excited to see it go off and I remember how many disappointments there
    have been over the years. One year when the racecrafter boat was here,
    then the "lick this" boat was getting gas at the gas truck when the start of
    the poken run went off, then last year Blings tranny blew up the night before
    and Leroy offered one up but no,and one thing I can say is this, I don't personally know any of the owners of these boats, but we all live and breathe
    and dream about being in one of those 150+ mph monsters and the one guy
    that consistently shows up and runs the boat is Gary Smith in Predator. I
    don't care if he ends up not being the first to the card stop, he's proven that
    he'll do it every time no matter what or who else is there, he' running.
    Now that's cool to me.
    Keith Sayre

C-2
    then the "lick this" boat was getting gas at the gas truck when the start of the poken run went off,
    Keith Sayre
    And this is the difference between enthusiasts and people trying to prove something.
    The Turtle is Predator's best ally: takes out half of them every time :220v: :220v:

LHC30Victory
    Back to the thread//////
    Great video Chris, you just keep getting better and better at this editing thing!
    Now I know why you didn't answer my phone calls......

Fast Freddy
    Shaken Not Stirred: I guess what I'm trying to say is, at what level of the
    game does it become "no fun" anymore? at what dollar level or hp level do
    we say, I can't go out and have a good time or my motors won't last or the
    speed is so excessive that it's really getting dangerous? To what end do we
    push our sport or addiction or need for speed to the point that we can't simply go out and tear up the lake? Seems a shame if that's what it is coming
    to.
    While we have no right to ask any of these million dollar boat owners to go out and "entertain" us with their fast boats while we sit in the computer room
    and watch the replay on video, I read all the hype about our poker run and I
    get excited to see it go off and I remember how many disappointments there
    have been over the years. One year when the racecrafter boat was here,
    then the "lick this" boat was getting gas at the gas truck when the start of
    the poken run went off, then last year Blings tranny blew up the night before
    and Leroy offered one up but no,and one thing I can say is this, I don't personally know any of the owners of these boats, but we all live and breathe
    and dream about being in one of those 150+ mph monsters and the one guy
    that consistently shows up and runs the boat is Gary Smith in Predator. I
    don't care if he ends up not being the first to the card stop, he's proven that
    he'll do it every time no matter what or who else is there, he' running.
    Now that's cool to me.
    Keith Sayre
    well said. i agree. to me its more impressive to show up year after year and continually bust 160+ mph in a 40 foot pleasure skater modified for racing than show up once in a full on canopied purpose built nortech race boat with 6 point restraints, etc and throw down a 180 mph top speed one time.
    oh yea and one more thing predator has produced a top speed of 175 mph on GPS the last time i checked. so will any boat this years event be able to top that? my guess is that if any boat does in fact run 180 mph+ predator will be on of them.
    i say good luck to the competition in dethroning the KING OF LAKE HAVASU. it takes more than speed to run fast at havasu. at 150+ mph as BIG as that river is it suddenly becomes narrow when you throw a bunch of 150+ mph boats on it all at once. knowledge and experience of the course is on predators side. also the hole shot is everything on a course like this and the predator is a 40 foot drag boat when the flag drops on the pace boat at copper canyon right before you hit the 'narrows'. if and when you do catch the predator you will have to try and pass him going around a turn at 120+ mph. good luck with that. as you can see from the video posted above the few that have tried blew there engines when the predators boat roost hosed there engines intakes down.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast