Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Boat is DONE!!!

Huckleberry
    I am so friggin stoked! Back in October 2004, yes 2004, I blew a motor in my Daytona. I took it to GT Performance in Montclair to have them rebuild both motors and do a few minor upgrades. It took them a full year to finish it, or so I thought it was finished.
    I took it to the Zoo in October 2005 for the first time after it was supposedly done. It had major gas leaks off the carbs and would not idle for chit! It stalled every time you put it in gear, which makes it real ugly trying to dock, beach or try to navigate the channel in a 33-foot boat. I took it back to GT Performance that same weekend and told them what needed to be fixed.
    After another six months at GT the only thing they claimed to have fixed was the gas leak. I called them every few weeks to get a status repoprt on my boat. Every time I called I was told that we are still waiting for "Carl" to come to work. Carl is a "sobriety-challenged" person who used to work for GT and is supposed to be a guru at tuning/dialing in motors. He only comes to work when he needs $$$$ for booze, and he has not showed up for six months!
    Now I'm a patient man, but my patience ran out. Three weeks ago I stopped by GT unannounced. I found my boat had been sitting outside all frigging winter long! If had known they weren't going to work on it all winter long, I would have at least put in my indoor storage unit! Now I'm really pissed! I told them I'm taking my boat. While I'm hooking it up to my truck, not ten words were exchanged between Gary and I. This is too bad as my wife worked for GT for a while and really liked it. Gary is a really cool guy, but he completely blew me off and dropped the ball on my boat. Not even a sorry, f-you, or any explanation for their letting it sit and not finishing it.
    I took it to Aaron at Absolute to dial it in two weeks ago. When we got to the launch ramp, not only was the gas leak not fixed, but the idiots at GT must have laid on top of the headers on the starboard motor. This caused the flange from the headers to the pipe that exits the transom to have a massive exhaust leak. This motor also was not pumping any water (I put brand new $750 two-stage billet water pumps on the motors during the rebuild and it isn't working!) The port motor also had issues. I had a short and kept on dying. A few gauges were not hooked up either. We never even made it off the launch ramp. Aaron just shook his head when he saw the crap they left undone!
    Aaron felt so bad that I had been treated like this. He is a stand-up guy! Aaron assured me they would make it right. I got the call today that it's DONE!!! I'm going down Wed-Fri for him to lake dial it in for me for the poker run. It's been a long time since this whole ordeal started! I pray this is the last of it! Wish me luck guys!

deltarat
    Good luck I am sorry that you had so many problems with GT, I always heard that they were the $hit. I guess some time just slip through the cracks, but two years is just absolutely ridiculous!! I hope you get to enjoy a trouble free season on the water this year.

bear down
    Holy smokes, I remember the story when you helped me out and still can't believe you were still dealing with the issue. Hope you were able to recoupe some of the $$$$ you dumped into this boat with him. Any ways, congrats and we'll see you on the water this year!

TOBTEK
    WOW..... thats a horror story right there. I've heard Gary is slow, but thats crazy. Hope it turns out well for you.....

NOTALENT
    Wow....another one for Aaron. Glad to hear it's being taken care of...it suck's that you had to deal with such mess.....for something to take that long is just ridiculous.

OGShocker
    Sorry Huck'
    I have no idea why people continue to use GT. Yeah, Gary is an alright guy to talk with, but shit like this is NOT that uncommon. Just because someone wispers in your ear while they are tappin' yur azz doesn't mean you're not gettin' focked. my .02
    That is just one more reason we use B&D Marine in El Monte. While in Havasu it's Absolute!!!

Huckleberry
    Like I said, Gary is an awesome guy, but there was no excuse for this. I too have always heard he was awesome, that's why I took it there in the first place. Even though there a some serious problems there it still amazes me the quality of the boats that still pass through there; Predator, Alien, Terrible's, Jay's rocket Fountain...
    God I hope this goes well Thursday! I can't say enough good about Aaron's handling of this so far. He's A-One in my book. It's time to start enjoying this boat for a change.

Charley
    Confucious say:
    Like a slow massage, you must look forward to the happy ending
    Good luck Huck!

sofa king smooth
    Sounds about right for Gt marine! Have plenty of stories just like that. Gary use to be good but he has lost it along with the majority of his big customers.
    Go to Prime Marine they take care of it right.

jbtrailerjim
    2 years and it wasn't even fixed when you pulled it out of there? Wow you have a lot more patience than me. That is just ridiculous and GT sounds like a joke. If I treated customers like that at my shop, I'd be out of business. Hopefully your troubles with your boat are behind you and you can now enjoy it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast