Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil over $70.00 a barrel

Riomouse911
    Oil hit 70 skins a barrel on Monday, a new record. I was on the phone with Secondplace today talking about gas prices. He works for Benz, and they are seriously fearing station prices at or above $4.25/g during the "driving season" this summer and maybe beyond. I also spoke with a couple of folks in the boating and one in the RV industry, and despite good sales of new boats and RV's they, too, are fearing that people are going to start shying away from recreational boating/RV'ing because every trip will cost a fortune at the pumps.
    I know my crowd is starting to set up "river-pools" so we drive together instead of all of us rolling in our own rigs, and we're going to do a "your boat this trip, mine next trip" rotation for the same reasons. Anyone else not looking forward to $400.00 fuel bills every other weekend at Chevron and 76?

Huckleberry
    Thank God I filled up my boat two weeks ago. Even then it cost me $400 to fill it up.

Riverjet502
    Just curious now as to what hurricane the oil industry is now blameing the high fuel prices on now?

axkiker
    and its gonna keep getting higher until (we) the american people make a stand and stop it. The oil companies have no reason to lower the price nore do they care to. Their profits have trippled in the past 3 years. Would you lower the price of a product you sold if you didnt have to. Now for the hard part. What type of a stand do we make and how do we get the entire country on the same page. Until that question in answered we are pretty much screwed.

framer1
    It will come down when nobody can afford to drive anymore. I never thought I would think about not boating because of the price of gas. I'll probably do a lot more local boating this year(Naci) not to many trips to Havasu, if any. These price have to start hurting other types of business

Jbb
    Good thing I sold the Eliminator in favor of the paddle boat.....Passed the noise check at the launch ramp...barely.....I seem to make a lot of noise when breathing heavy from exertion.....after that.....It was all down hill...
    http://www.happyholidaycabins.com/paddle.jpg

sorry dog
    ...nice life jackets

Jbb
    ...nice life jackets
    Notice ...her's ...is undone....

hoolign
    Oil hit 70 skins a barrel on Monday, a new record. I was on the phone with Secondplace today talking about gas prices. He works for Benz, and they are seriously fearing station prices at or above $4.25/g during the "driving season" this summer and maybe beyond. I also spoke with a couple of folks in the boating and one in the RV industry, and despite good sales of new boats and RV's they, too, are fearing that people are going to start shying away from recreational boating/RV'ing because every trip will cost a fortune at the pumps.
    I know my crowd is starting to set up "river-pools" so we drive together instead of all of us rolling in our own rigs, and we're going to do a "your boat this trip, mine next trip" rotation for the same reasons. Anyone else not looking forward to $400.00 fuel bills every other weekend at Chevron and 76?
    Thats great news! Oil company stocks pay very well!

a catered life
    Just curious now as to what hurricane the oil industry is now blameing the high fuel prices on now?
    no hurricane fault this time its more now than it was after the hurricanes...i can feel the anal probe of the arabs pokeing at me :220v:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast